Pvp community must rally together right now

When has the reverse of that ever been true, PvPers have always been worse off in PvE because of gear. Look at the scaling from WoD specifically designed to make it so PvP gear wasn’t good in PvE. Right now you CAN get good PvE pieces, but it’s a million times faster to get the same thing from PvE content.

Are you sure that’s not a complication on your end?
I’ve never had any persistent issues with lag, DCs, or instance aborted.

Please stay on topic regarding pvp and not connection issues or other plagues of bfa. Thank you.

Come you joking omg people are so pissed about vision runs and lagging atm. You work for Blizzard ? cause you’re in denial about the problems this games has atm.

I will not allow this thread to be derailed. Please take it to another platform if you want to have an argument. This is a discussion about pvp and I would appreciate if we talked about nothing else. The thread has become important. Thank you.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/development-update-the-road-to-shadowlands/638371

Good news, they seem to have acknowledged the issue.

2 Likes

Is the goal here “pvpers should be able to destroy anybody who isn’t in pvp gear, but shouldn’t be at a disadvantage in pve content”? Because that’s the sense I get from a lot of these posts.

2 Likes

Hahaha, I am more happy now. That is the only things that we need, being listened and a few word that show it for now. I hope they made a good gearing system for SL.

1 Like

Lmao if that’s your attitude then I am not going to bother with you :+1:

The reverse doesn’t need to be true. That’s what I am saying. They can both be acquired fairly. 460 gear is 460 gear. It shouldn’t matter if it comes from PvE or PvP. What matters is only that both PvE and PvP have a fair gearing track and that the disparity between the two is minimal so that players are winning PvP based on their ability and competency as player, not due to a gear advantage.

There are probably some people who want that to be the case.
However, the great majority of the PvP playerbase just want to be treated like they’re not second-class citizens. They just want a fair gearing track through PvP and for that gearing track to be competitive against PvE geared players.

k Ion your choice but you might not have a job for long if SL fails BIG TIME and it’s looking that way sorry to bust your bubble.

You are missing the point. Blizzard will never give away good gear from bgs, but it isn’t even on par with raid finder. So if you don’t have a group to pve with, you are SOL in pvp.

This is broken and needs to be fixed, not by buffing stats but by making pvp specific stats or gear again. There is no band aid for this. It’s going to need a real fox, even if it’s as simple as pvp stat.

I’d support a PvP stat only if gear accessibility/onramping is reasonable, as is keeping PvP gear up to speed without going hardcore on rated. In xpacs with resil, it sucked getting cratered by players and having to downgrade to multiple-tiers-lower PvP craftables to not keel over with a faint breeze.

There is a problem with pve players not wanting to be beaten by pvp geared players. But in pve, higher geared players beat pvp players or low gear players in the dps chart.

We cannot have it both ways. And I generally see it is pve guys who cant do pvp either because skill or gear or whatever it is. I understand pvp is harder than pve. And we are trying to kill you. I get it. But don’t use that as a crutch. Gear up just like we did. Do you guys realize half of us got good because we learned how to survive being destroyed? We also have a tight community of people that help each other doing duels outside of main hubs literally all day and night.

I think the difference is that in PvE, those gearing up don’t have to contend with random trash packs being heroic or mythic difficulty, whereas in any given random BG you’re probably going to be matched up with at least a few pros.

At minimum I think random BGs should be reworked to position them better as an equivalent to normal raids.

I’m interested to see the changes made to the vendor and the PvP set bonuses. The bonuses will need to be very specific to PvP though. PvEers will complain if they need to grind a single honor point. >.<

Yes they have to contend with the dps meter. Once you have enough dps to kill a boss it just becomes how fast you can do it. But they can’t get mad when someone with more gear “out dps them” which is exactly the problem they have in pvp. They get out played often and blame the gear. I have seen it for years. And pve guys, as I keep saying I hear you. But the answer is not forcing pvp guys like me to do pve that we do not wanna do, just to pvp at all. It just isn’t.

No.
Gear is gear is gear is gear.
WoD did it right, selling PvE gear that scales up in PvP.

1 Like

I do agree with that. All I’m saying is that it shouldn’t be an ordeal for a PvE geared player to build a somewhat competent PvP set. Go ahead and add resil or PvP power or whatever but also make vendors, craftables, etc robust and highly accessible.

Yes. And in its current state NO pvp gear rewards are competent for pvp. Thank you for posting with us today I appreciate you.

Pvp gear: do less damage, take less damage
Pve gear: do more damage, take more damage

I thought WoD worked really well, did you mean BfA?