PvP combat inconsistency

So only be certain players I’ll just randomly drop combat it I kill that target or that target dies. It’s handy because my charge macro lights up and I’m all giddy, but seems kinda broken. On all 4 of my rogues I have experienced this, and it doesn’t seem to matter if it’s deep wounds, rupture or someone else that kills the target but soon as it’s dead combat drops and I can immediately charge or on rogue restealth even if I’m literally being pounded on or attacking another target.

Another inconsistency is sometimes “combat” lasts too long after a target dies, like instead of the standard think it’s like 5 or 6 sec, it lasts like 8 or 10 sec; this can be life and death!

Thanks for your time.

This has been in the game since launch, and it is blizzlike.
It was around in vanilla wow also.
It doesn’t always happen, it comes and goes.
Sometimes after a server reset or randomly it stops working for a while then starts working again few days later or after another server reset.

Just feels janky to have the combat rules change constantly like that; never experienced this in original Vanilla so it’s new to me. Also didn’t experience this in any other version of wow until classic.

Plenty of old rogue vids have it, as soon as the target dies you see “-combat” instantly.
Some vids it doesn’t happen too, so it was inconsistent. It literally was in since launch on and off due to server restarts to worked the same way basically.

I believe you, just pointing out that it is likely not the kinda thing blizzard may want.