PvP balance

So just for fun I decided to sim the top players in 2’s in Raidbots. I set it up for 1 boss heavy movement 20 seconds with the idea to simulate pvp. All players are around between 223 and 227 ilvl.

Vengeance DH 3300 dps
Havoc DH 5500 dps
Destro Warlock 6500 dps
Sub Rogue 8200 dps
Fire Mage 9100 dps
and the winner coming in at 11000 dps Balance druid

I gave up after that. How is this even close to balanced? I can understand a 10% deviation, but balance druids literally do double our burst. I am missing something here?

4 Likes

Yes, you simmed a 20s window and then compared havoc to some of the classes with the best short term burst in the game. Also some things like an important fire mage conduit have different values in pvp so this is inaccurate. Plus I’ve seen havoc’s hit for 25k+ hunts before, hell Cdew is running with a havoc occasionally at 3k rating.

1 Like

DH has some of the lowest single target burst in the game, yet somehow meta is a 4min CD. You can easily see this on a boss like Sludgefist, where classes with high burst windows excel. That’s why it’s no surprise DH ranks as the worst class on that boss according to Warcraft Logs.

2 Likes

DHs real problem is a defensive vs magic… not just a DPS thing. Though chaos strike is weak

Just for fun I decided to simulate how effective soccer players would be in basketball.

They didn’t perform well.