PVP arcane builds

What builds are people playing?

I am running arcane barrage 140% execute legendary with kyrian covernant just to try set up a burst window. I am thinking of trying out the arcane barrage legendary i am just not too sure how good it would be in pvp with clear casting dispel.

I know that most people are playing the mitch jones one shot build but i just dont dig the play style. Finding it really hard to fight some Melee as arcane when getting purged spam, however against stuff without dispels its fine due to being able to get alter time off.

The dispel spam getting clear casting, alter time and getting interrupted and you cant really cast any spell sucks though. So the one shot build might actually be the way to go.

Kyrian Arcane is better with Arcane Harmony leggo.
The rotation is:

• Use Arcane Missiles twice to build 10 stacks (can even be done preemptively, as stacks have no duration).
  • Hide into Mass Invisibility
  • Cast Polymorph while invisible (does not break the MI, as does no damage)
  • Use ToTM (breaks MI, does not break Polymorph)
  • Use Radiant Spark (breaks Polymorph)
  • Pop your CDs
  • Use Fire Blast (it is instant cast and activates first stack of Radiant Spark)
  • Use PoM + 3 Arcane Blasts to build 4 stacks of Radiant Spark
  • Use Arcane Barrage on 4 stacks of RS that is also empowered by 10 stacks of Arcane Harmony
  • If you have enough Haste (around 25%), ToTM burst will pop shortly after Arcane Barrage hits and can act as “execute” for low level health enemies.

I have had lots of fun in random BGs with this combo as Arcane Mages are so rare that people usually do not know how to counter this combo (use a defensive after Radiant Spark or just dispel it). However, this build is weak in rated environments as any coordinated healer can just dispel Radiant Spark and ruin your burst. That is why I think it should be made undispellable (if needed, with RS damage bonus nerf in PVP to keep its power in line).

2 Likes

yea that sounds like a nice combo. Thanks for sharing. Feels super gimmicky still but i guess thats just arcane

[Radiant Spark] is dispellable, so probably not going to get much value from it. Arcane is in a bad place right now.

I run a high haste missile turret build and arcanosphere build. With frost nova legendary. Allows me to pump in RBG’s. I’m running Venth though, not kyrian.

I run 4 piece, harmony lego, venthyr with arcane echo and empowerment. Im fairly successful with it this season so far (2800+). Arcanosphere or any kyrian build doesn’t seem that good this season tbh if you wanna get high rating (obv you can one shot low mmr people with it).

1 Like

Really? I thought everyone was playing with Bombardment and Night Fae. Maybe I’ll give it a try, although I prefer the other 2 specs for PvP.

id like to know what im doing wrong, cause right now it feels like I do zero damage and even when im bursting, its just meh. The spec just feels so terrible

to be fair, arcane is honestly the weakest dps spec in arena right now. It deff is undertuned damage wise.

its literally so bad. My favorite spec by far, but its just nothing compared to anything else. Watching mitch and xaryu play it made me wanna try it again… nope. not anymore.