PvP ability modifiers reset

In the latest beta build, it looks like they reset basically all PvP-specific buffs and nerfs back to baseline.

Kinda wild seeing some of the stuff that’s been in the game for so many seasons of PvP without ever being reevaluated.

4 Likes

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/dragonflight-beta-development-notes/1278546/18

source for it. anyways, this is very good thing to do. some modifiers are quite old and we’re essentially entering a new era of combat with the talent changes.

this doesn’t look to be all of them because i know destro has a large handful and they’ve been untouched.

i’d say overall tuning for pvp is still making its way to the starting line.

1 Like

a good idea if theyre re-tuning classes from the ground up, some of the pvp modifiers are vestigial.

e.g. glacial spike had a heavy pvp nerf since legion that was only recently lifted (and glacial is still considered a poor spec). same with earthen wall and there’s more

1 Like

Thanks! Phone 2 hard.

1 Like

I just looked at the list and it’s nowhere near all PvP specific buff/nerfs. For example Ret only had divine storm nerf reverted in that list, but they nerfed crusade, wings, wog, healing hands, execution sentence, final reckoning, etc. for Ret in PvP.

2 Likes

Yes, not all pvp modifiers were reset. I’m going to hazard a guess and say that they’re making these changes to see where damage needs to be adjusted at the base level for 70. Currently though they need to adjust nearly all specs. Some seem to do okay damage. Others on the one hand are monstrous. Especially prot war and prot pal. Just nerf their damage by quite a bit still.

Arcane mage damage and lock self heals/hp feels a little out of touch still. Arcane was even nerfed and yet still one shots THROUGH defensives. Locks are running around with tank level hp around 400k. Thats 150k roughly more than other dps… Kind of unfair…

2 Likes

they just buffed bm by a lot and it was already nutso

Depends how impactful it is to kick them on Arcane during burst still; dunno for sure though as I haven’t done any PvP testing so far.

Hopefully the removal of modifiers is a precursor to PvP damage tuning.

This is great. Maybe arcane will be able to 1 shot again with AP/Overpowered Or glacial spike.

Gonna be a fun time.

This is actually the smartest move Blizz ever made. It was so confusing and convoluted probably they didn’t even know what was modified from expansions ago.

I’m actually surprised. Really am that they did something this intelligent. Did they hire a new Dev or something who was like what is this mess I can’t tune this.

It looks like it’s only a handful of changes for some abilities that are being generally tuned at the moment. There are still ALOT of PvP specific adjustments to abilities.

And it wouldn’t make sense to get rid of all PvP specific adjustments because alot of them are needed.

Think they may have fixed that in the latest Beta build. I didnt see an enormous hp difference. Tanks had significantly more HP also. I’d say dark pact primarily needs to be addressed. Either nerf its absorb value substantially or increase its cd moderately.

1 Like

You have to get rid of all of them in order to add them back in. This makes perfect sense since Dragonflight is a wipe as a whole with Talent trees and the attempt to redesign Classes.

You can’t have old modifiers that were put in place because of something that was strong in BFA that doesn’t exist anymore. There were so many unneeded old modifiers from expansions ago that didn’t get removed and should of which created a tuning and class balance mess.

Not only that it was hard to find patch notes on something that was nerfed 6 years ago in PvP. There is no list of what the modifiers are for those abilities or talents in PvP. This wipe now makes it simple instead of trying to sift through years of modifiers that are broken.

1 Like

I’ll have to check that as I was seeing tank level hp just yesterday evening. But yes their defensives would definitely need to be looked at once all this crazy burst damage goes down.

Outside of pact, I really like where there durability is. Soul link has its benefits but can also come at a huge risk, which means the pet is extremely susceptible to dying. The type of risk/reward playstyle which forces players to be more aware and meticulous on pet management adds a nice skill cap to it. Pact however is a major concern because of its absorb value.

1 Like

This is really the issue. They should maintain a comprehensive list of PvP changes and make that available to the player base. They could just use patch note format and make it a sticky message at the top of the PvP forums.

1 Like

Yes, I would agree with this statement wholeheartedly. Soul link is one of my favorite things about demo spec. Lots of shared mitigation with pets. As should be with the lock class. And yes, as you say dark pact needs to be and is probably going to be addressed.

The only site I know that does list all the pvp modifier mostly is drustvar. They have quite a list of all of them. I’m not sure if its every single one. But the vast majority of class kits are covered.

Thanks. Unfortunately that seems like an incomplete list and doesn’t include things like CC duration modifiers (e.g., leg sweep/chaos nova get +2 seconds in PvP).

People should be able to have access to a comprehensive list of things that are changed in PvP so they at least no what the rules are AND so that the player base can have confidence that BLIZZARD knows what all the rules!

1 Like