PVE to PVP transfers should be allowed by next week

A lot of people are stuck on dead servers because they moved there for friends or whatever the reason was and lifting this would help a lot of people. I would definitely transfer to a PvP server in a heartbeat

4 Likes

Im convinced that its 1 guy just trolling all of the PVE–>PVP transfer forum posts on different characters. He literally comes in and says the same thing, something to the effect of, “You dont deserve to be on a pvp server if you didnt level on one.” Not realizing that 99% of people who want this change, literally leveled other characters on a pvp server, currently play on a pvp server, and just have an alt or two stranded on a pve server that they really dont want to re-level, re-gear, etc. Smh

1 Like

Yeah it is, there’s a couple of regular names: “buT yOu diDN’T ExPeriEnCE tHe gAmE!@!!!”

Really really old now Blizzard, this is such a 1994 way of looking at this.

Let us TRANSFER with real CASH $$$ since we know you love cash, let us give you this cash for literally FREE.

1 Like

Yep, if we could only get a blue post response acknowledging that they are at least looking into this, or if they already did, and are not going to change it for right now. Why is communication so hard? I’ve usually been on the “Give them the benefit of the doubt” side of things but it really does feel like they are treating classic like a set it and forget it cash grab. The game could be so much better with even just 10% more effort and communication, but I guess that’s too much to ask for…

1 Like

The PvE to PvP restriction is place for a VERY good reason. If they allowed this, than anyone could go to a PvE server, level up and gear up easily, then move to a PvP server. This defeats the entire reason for PvP servers, the challange of leveling and gearing in a realm where you can be killed by the opposing faction.

This has to be one of the dumbest ideas ever suggested in WoW history. Just one more example of how the retail mindset wants to destroy everything about classic.

#turnclassicintoretail

2 Likes

Ahh I was wondering when you’d show up mate. Welcome. Have a seat. How you been?

1 Like

Good here, and you are…

Littlerascal/probably also the petdetective guy: Have you read my post? Have you seen how people level? Do you have any capacity for critical thinking granted the evidence shows NOBODY would level up on a PvE server and then transfer to a PvP server because you think it’s easier? Do you understand people who want “the easy way” just buy boosts in instances on their second account while they raid or bg or arena on their main? Please, bro, drink some water, get some fresh air, and stop with the trolling. This is something hundreds, if not thousands, of players want, and it has great reason to be available.

Buckleupdude, Relodis, Garrycoleman, Klose, and Hajjelluah, I agree with all of you and stand besides you. Let’s hope we can encourage the developers to add this restriction removal with the season 2 launch next week. Thank you for stopping by and sharing your thoughts.

2 Likes

People leveling on a PvE server then transfering is the very reason you cannot transfer from PvE to PvP.

It is the only reason the restriction is in place. So to sit there and say it would not happen is ignorate.

The PvP community do not want a bunch of PvE refugees flooding their servers all geared up and leveled without having to progress from level 1 on the PvP server.

And just because a small portion of players think this is a good idea, does not mean the majority do.

How about you pull your head out of your backside and stop calling anyone who disagrees with you a troll. If you cannot handle opposing arguements, don’t start the debate.

3 Likes

You clearly are trolling and lack awareness with how people level “the easy way”, and you also lack awareness about the actual reality of gear in PvP and PvE servers. The majority of people think this is a great idea, you’re the only one who’s trolling on multiple characters, as exposed by a few people above. People who want max level the easy way would never level on a PvE server and then transfer to a PvP server when they can level the easy way in a PvP server (read my post above).

Majority of the top-tier raiding guilds are on PVP servers, so there would not be an overload of “PvE refugees” as you call them in a belittling way, coming in totally geared up. If you took some time to actually look at player bases in both PvP and PvE servers and saw the people who want to transfer from PvE to PvP are people who’ve leveled or played on PvP servers for years, they just want to do it because they love the PvP community. Your lack of reasonable/sensible debate is seen as trolling because it comes across with the tone that you simply don’t want to see people to have fun. That you somehow enjoy people having less fun because of a ridiculous/outdated/irrelevant restriction that is a lose-lose-lose for the player, Blizzard, and the WoW community.

1 Like

The problem is your opposing argument is a complete farce. Because literally everyone knows that if you really wanted to go through the trouble of doing what you claim, it can be done right this second, in fact I myself know people that have done it. I have friends that made horde characters on Skeram, where there are literally 0 alliance players, they leveled to 70, and then transferred to Faerlina. Tell me how thats any different than what you claim to be trying to avoid by keeping this restriction in place? Also how is gearing exactly “easier” on a pve server. Do pve servers have better boss loot drops or something?
Thats how I know you’re trolling. Its impossible for someone to be THIS blind to the facts / state of the game.

2 Likes

Buckleupdude hits the nail on the head here. There is also no PvP element INSIDE A RAID, where all the loot is. Other than that, there is PvP gear via the honor system that everyone equally farms and the arena system that everyone has equal opportunity to farm. The reason people want to transfer their characters from their PvE servers is because they want to play with their friends on a PvP server, they want to be part of an active PvP community, they want to play more arenas with PvP-focused people, they miss world PvP, etc. This is a change that needs to be made. There are over 100+ forum posts with hundreds, probably thousands, of players who’ve commented asking for this change. It’s time Blizzard. Please, just remove this restriction and let people play where they want.

1 Like

Say what you want, this will never happen.

All I see are threads being created by a bunch of alt accounts with less than 20 posts each. There is no large majority here, just a small group who all probably know each other, using multiple accounts and alts to bump their own threads on this topic.

Nothing to see here folks, just someone using the old, “Bump my own threads with alts” maneuver, move along.

1 Like

I guess you just confessed that you’re using your alts to troll these posts with that statement?

If Blizzard were to even announce for a short time that players could transfer from a PvE to a PvP server, they would easily see hundreds of transfers go through the first day. The demand is very high. Just because you saw one post with less than 20 posts doesn’t mean there aren’t 200 people for every one who posts who would want it. Not everyone is on forums but there is still a LOT of volume about this with a simple search.

He couldnt rebuttal my statement with an actual concise reason as to why he opposes it. Instead he chooses to project onto us what he’s actually doing, and then end the conversation. 100% typical troll behavior. Im just gonna start ignoring them from now on. Not worth the effort. Whoever they are, they know that this change is gonna hurt literally no one, but help hundreds if not thousands of people play alts with friends that are otherwise gathering dust on a pve server.

4 Likes

At the very least they could make a window of like a week or two where they could allow changing from pve to pvp servers cuz I know a lot of people would like this change

3 Likes

Absolutely agree with you bro. It’s such a positive change for tons of players and will surely be a great revenue addition for Blizzard. What makes Classic “classic” is the community and to isolate people from this restriction isolates parts of the community. To allow friends to play together on a server is the true classic experience. That was the best times we had on WoW. And as we both, and many others too, have stated, there is only a positive consequence with this addition. None of the “possible negative consequences” are relevant granted nobody even does that stuff or would do it today. The only reasons you ever here from the once in a blue moon person who opposes this is the idea that people can just level and gear up on a PvE server and xfer…but that’s just not what people are already doing for “ez mode level and BIS gear”. For them to go through this illogical route would only cause them to spend $25 extra and waste more time on the transfer queue time. It’s literally inefficient. Easy mode leveling isn’t reliant on a PvE server. Easy mode leveling is reliant on getting boosted and getting geared by running raids with geared out friends or doing GDKPs where you can buy your gear. None of that requires a PvE server.

1 Like

Check mate.

I do not know any of these people making the same threads about the same topic. Interesting that.

Just a little nancy here ^ not agreeing and not contributing to the topic so I see no reason for you to be here princess.

1 Like

Personally I think it should be permanent, but maybe thats a solid middle ground, to calm down all of these gatekeeping trolls who think leveling on a pvp server is something they should get a medal or trophy for. Its like hey, 1 - 2 week window, get it while its hot.

Would be chill if this happened

3 Likes