Put OCE on US battlegrounds at least (TBC)

Hey there, so I get the vocal minority don’t want to play on american servers for arena because they think ping is what’s stopping them from getting good. So if we’re forced to play on our own tiny group and sit insane queues for their benefit for arena alright. But for the love of all that is holy, can we at least be merged with US servers for battlegrounds? It’s literally impossible to even play BGs during a weekday besides maybe 1-2 games of the daily BG and that’s it. I haven’t played an AV outside of AV weekend since TBC started because it actually just never pops.

Or, just make it the same as retail… arena / bgs on OCE for the first 3min, then transferred to US arena / bgs for instant pops <3

11 Likes

Doesn’t help when Horde are playing each other in BGs during the day while Alliance are left twiddling their thumbs waiting for a game.

We’re literally queuing on mains and alts just to get queues to pop. But I’m glad we kept our own BG group for those who complained but don’t even consume the content. Mates are leaving because of it, sad it see.

2 Likes

Please ! Even peak times there can be crazy queues. Feels like the PvP community is dead ! Please put us with US servers when BT launches !

3 Likes

Just queued 45 minutes for a 6v10 WSG

Thanks blizzard

Make it dynamic or something that can be opted into

This really needs to be looked at, if this isn’t changed by the time WOTLK rolls around it will be really sad.

I remember how ppl lost it when blizz connected OCE and NA and wanted it removed. I never understood why because there were so many bgs up. Bit of lag sometimes is so much better than no AV for example, except for 4 days per month

if you’re going to merge them can we make it so oce players only get WEST us servers? the difference between 150-170ms and 250-280ms is ridiculous especially as melee. I don’t want to play on us east servers

1 Like

Sounds like all of your hordies are upset the sheeple you raided with are diminishing and now you’re realising the choices of your orc and cow combo have come back to hurt you!

Haha enjoy your lengthy que fools! I rolled alliance because I’m not an idiot and would rather win/lose a game than waiting for it to actually pop

2 Likes

Bumping this.

It’s not only BG activity that’s the issue, arena ratings are deflated on Oceanic which will make all BiS PvP gear harder to obtain for oceanic players than it is for EU or NA.
Relinking oceanic and NA on top of not having PVP team anymore would make the PvP scene a lot more dynamic and diverse 24 hours a day.

The ping issue is overstated imo, as primetime Oceanic is 4am ~ early morning in NA so people who would be affected are midday players who wouldn’t have gotten in a BG or arena otherwise.

Battlegrounds at minimum

1 Like

Yes we need this.

Blizzard this really needs to be done before WotLK’s release, it will foster a really healthy PVP community for the entirety of the expansion.

Make it like retail, if possible, where we look for games in OCE for X minutes then open up to the US.

Me and my Friends ended up moving to us servers … since pvp is dead on oce … 250 ping Av queue 1 min on the + side we dont get queue since we play in the arvo time

Blizzard/blues, can we please get a response to this before Wrath release. I’m super looking forward to Wrath, as are many, but we know what will happen - queues will be popping for the first couple of months but it will die off just as quickly as it ramps up. I know you’d be hesitant to do this given the backlash last time, but, surely you can see the state of our PVP queues? It is not sustainable.

We were trying threes last night.

We’d maybe get a game every ten minutes vs the same three teams. At one point we were getting 3 pts for a win. So six points in about 30 minutes at 1600 rating.

PvP has become a total joke for us. Please put us with a US battlegroup.

1 Like

i got flamed to hell for supporting the us/oce battleground merge when it went through by all you exceptional individuals now begging for it
you get what you deserve hhahahahahah

I didn’t ask for this at all ty - a lot of us were not part of that. It was one group of mates who did it together unfortunately.