Push Shadowlands back to 2021

A game that’s “ready when it’s ready” is better than a game that’s shoved out half-finished.

76 Likes

Then we need for content for BFA. I don’t want 8.3 for a year.

30 Likes

Or they could not axe QC and staff and manage development appropriately to get a finished quality product out the door before 3/4 of everyone’s guild leaves the game out of boredom.

27 Likes

We had Vanilla for two years plus. We had Siege of Orgrimmar for a year. We’ll live

it’d be nice if they brought 8.3.5 back online, but I don’t know if that’s possible.

5 Likes

Maybe you forgot the train wreck which was WoD and the 1.5 year content drought in MoP we endured to “wait until it’s ready” …

9 Likes

They should get more QA, yes. But that’s not likely to happen. So setting that aside, more time for the people they do have is the best we can hope for.

So you’d be happy with a rushed Shadowlands pushed out by over-worked and understaffed Blizzard employees?

Looking at Blizzard as it is, not as we want it to be, what would you prefer?

I have my own theory on why WoD was a disaster, but that’s neither here nor there.

9 Likes

“We’ll live”, but I still don’t want it. I’ve only enjoyed this expansion so far because there has been a steady stream of content. I don’t think Blizzard losing a bunch of subscribers to a huge content drought is worth having a better start to an expansion.

3 Likes

They wont, Activition wants its money because the Ceo cant have just 123 yacht, he needs more

I’m going to save this post of yours for posterity.

Well maybe they just need to hire back some of those quality assurance people that they fired back in 2018 when they fired those 800 people, so they can make sure they release a working product. This explains why it was Beta for Azeroth. Bellular gaming mentioned it in a couple of his videos.
I don’t think these things are in Blizzard’s hands any more.

4 Likes

Someone linked to a Glassdoor review of Blizzard; it had “Do not work at QA” and also “Approve of CEO”. I have to wonder at that dichotomy.

1 Like

Then the best we can hope for is a dying game and guilds.

Yes it’s tough, but they are shoe stringing the game along right now not because they have to, but because they want to save money. They keep cutting cost and pretty soon they’ll MCAS the thing and planes will start falling out of the sky.

hire more people imo

2 Likes

considering I’ve heard both rumors of there not being an 8.3.5 and shadowlands is set for around December 2020. this is it for about a year anyway. Probably a good idea to find some other games to play tbh.

3 Likes

plz do this blizz you use to be the company that said we wont release a game until its ready do that for once this past 15 years, also if anything we can just play Warcraft 3 reforged or classic til you get it ready.

God, I wish – especially for QA. But barring a miracle, not happening.

You already are. Shadowlands launches in Dec.

I would rather them push it a year or two back than have another BFA situation. At first everyone just wants something new but there is no point to release it in an unfinished state and lose more people while trying to fix everything. Some mechanics and design in BFA were unfixable and should have been abandoned after the first patch.

3 Likes

I should’ve said over a year because you’re probably right.

Blizzard would still have to cook something else up for BFA if they’re going to delay Shadowlands to later in 2021.

That hasn’t actually been confirmed yet. They only announced that it would be released in 2020. December is a good guess though.