Purify and Rapture Mouseover Macros

Currently having trouble making mouseover macros for Rapture and Purify. As most of you are aware, with the release of the Shadowlands Pre-patch casting Rapture also simultaneously casts a 200% Power Word: Shield on the target. I’ve tried using the syntax from my Power Word: Shield and Shadow Mend mouseover macros (which work fine) but no luck. This is what I have so for both:

#showtooltip Rapture
/use
[@mouseover,help,nodead][help,nodead][@player] Rapture

and

#showtooltip Purify
/use
[@mouseover,help,nodead][help,nodead][@player] Purify

Try using the Clique addon to bind stuff.

1 Like

This is what I use:

#showtooltip Rapture
/cast [target=mouseover,help,nodead][]Rapture

3 Likes

Try using vuhdo. It’s what I use

Agree on Clique. So much easier than macros.

#showtooltip
/cast [mod:alt,@player] [@mouseover,help,nodead] [help] [@targettarget,help,nodead] [] Purify
#showtooltip
/cast [mod:alt,@player] [@mouseover,help,nodead] [help] [@targettarget,help,nodead] [] Rapture

I use the same except

#showtooltips
/cast [@mouseover, help, nodead] [] Rap

I’ve got Cleanse and Dispel Magic on a help/harm macro so I can keep em both on my Q key where it’s comfy.

i think its because you have a space so your /use doesn’t have anything added to it than the mouse over macro is on a diff line.

Blockquote
#showtooltip Rapture
/use
[@mouseover,help,nodead][help,nodead][@player] Rapture

here’s mine. FWIW
#showtooltip Purify
/use [@mouseover,help,nodead][help,nodead][@player] Purify

2 Likes

You need to make macros for clique anyways, default clique does not have a nodead tag, which can be an issue.

How is NOT having [nodead] an issue in a macro?

I honestly struggle understanding why you need that in a macro for common casted spells. Most spells cant be used on [dead] targets, so the spell simply just wont cast. So given that understanding, it just seems wasted space to include [nodead] in a macro for common spells.

What am I not taking into consideration?

If someone dies just a millisecond before you press the button to cast a heal on them, you end up with a highlighted cursor that you have to right-click off.
Among other things.

1 Like

No you won’t. You’ll get an invalid target error because you can’t heal dead people. Adding nodead will allow it to automatically fallback to your target/self in the above case.

If someone is already used to making macros, please don’t suggest To use clique. There is a huge limitation to clique in that you can’t target 3D objects. Example of where this can be a huge life saver is life grip. It’s better to have a macro that works when targeting the actual player and pulling them out of the fire right on your screen as you mouse over their toon than to fumble about looking for them on a raid or party frame.

2 Likes

whatever you say