Purchased Shadowlands and accidentally created a new account

Absolutely ridiculous that a multi billion dollar company doesn’t have phone support. I don’t understand the thought behind it, but whatever.
I recently came back to WoW to try Shadowlands.

• I logged into b . net through Chrome browser.
  • Paid for the $40 Shadowlands package.
    -Paid for a 1 month sub.
    Ok great. I downloaded the b . net launcher, logged in, and started a new character. My two old characters weren’t there, but I really didn’t think much of it as I wanted to start a new one anyway.
    After playing for about 2 hours, I got disconnected. Upon logging back in, it’s now acting like I somehow have two separate accounts under the same email. One account has the new character I just made. The other account has my two old characters from when I was playing last year. And somehow, the Shadowlands and 1 month subscription I bought went to my “original” account, meanwhile the new one that somehow got generated doesn’t recognize that I bought Shadowlands or paid for a subscription. I need help either somehow combining the two, or figuring out how to get a refund, etc. Something I’m sure a CS rep could solve pretty easily if I could simply pick up the phone and call. Instead a paying customer has to wait for a ticket to be answered, etc. Insane.
    The two confirmation emails I got when I purchased the game and subscription somehow say my account name is different than it should be too. They’re both the same name, but two different #XXXX’s attached…

It looks like you opted to use a “Not Listed Here” category to submit your ticket. If you would like to request a refund, that can be done pretty easily if you select the correct option:

For example:

1. Game: World of Warcraft
  2. Category: Payments
  3. Option: Refunds

That should take you here:
https://battle.net/support/help/product/wow/166/1151

If the order is eligible, it will allow you to place a refund request right away. If there is an issue, then you may need to open a ticket but having it in this category will ensure it gets routed to the proper team and with the proper priority for a payment issue.

3 Likes

Just to add, none of the contact methods have changed for some time now. Blizzard continues to offer 24/7 tickets, with Phone callback and live support during limited hours. Those hours are limited even further due to the current state of the pandemic with many people still working from home. However, more and more self help methods have been added also to help expedite player issues. I hope you are able to self correct this via the option offered. Best wishes.

Looking a little more closely at this, I’m not seeing the problem you’re reporting here. The Blizzard account you’re posting with right now only has (1) World of Warcraft account associated with it.

This account has characters you created in 2019, 2020, and the new Priest you created. They’re on different realms though.

Perhaps that is causing some of the confusion here?

6 Likes