Punish Key leavers

No clue. Probably too much though lol. Also not a lot of people around that can carry 24s and up

I personally like FF14’s Disband vote system, where the party has to agree to disband, then no debuff. Otherwise, yeah, after a leave or 2, prevent the re-queueing. Emergencies happen and one does have to account for that.

that’ll be interesting. competent players will stop pugging completely.

1 Like

Dont get me wrong, key leavers sucks etc etc but people can have pretty good reasons to leave a key such as a rl issue, not be willing to make extra work cause others are lacking or some dude/party is acting like an a*hole.

it could be or it could also mean we can report player not helping the group by not carrying their own weight

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/459571679568592896/974487927017058384/unknown.png

1 Like

Please inform me of the magic ways.

Yes.

No, unless they’re dumping a fantastic amount of gold to get carried week after week.

By talking to the people you invite and finding out what their goal is. If they are looking for an IO increase only, they are less likely to stay if things go badly. If they are looking for a piece of gear or valor, they are more likely to stay. But that has limits. If the group is so incompetent that someone thinks it will be faster to pay the sunk cost and find another group from scratch, they will leave anyway.

1 Like

Somebody has already alluded to one, but I’ll spell it out for you. If someone has 10 timed runs of +15, 1 in each dungeon, all on the same day with the same group of players, there is a really high chance that they paid for it.

If someone has 40 runs of +15, spread out across multiple weeks with multiple groups, they probably pugged that on their own. If it’s the same group for multiple weeks, that is probably a regular group that runs together and the person you’re looking at may just be pugging here and there.

This is common sense type stuff. What would you think it looks like on IO when somebody purchases carries and what would you think it looks like when somebody does it on their own? It takes just a little thought and imagination to find this answer on your own.

3 Likes

Indeed, it will simply become far too risky to trust your account to the random/unpredictable strangers in LFG… some of which fall under the whiny/crybaby category - so probably also “trigger-happy” on the report button at the slighest perceived offense to their feeeeewwings

Most intelligent/competent players will avoid LFG if such a rule (leaving an M+ pug being punishable) ever went into effect, leaving only bad/underperforming players in the pool to bicker amongst themselves and get hard-stuck on like +11 keys :joy:

1 Like

How does that solve anything lol ? what about if its your key ?

It’s a common sense if you die 20 times before first boss, you are likely going to fail timer. :roll_eyes:

But if you are leaving just because you died first time by some trash mob at the start, then they deserve a ban for griefing/gamethrowing.

Would you care to elaborate on what you believe gives you the right to determine for every other player how they spend their time? You’re okay with leaving after 20 wipes, so the people who think you should wait 25 should just adapt to your way. You’re not okay with someone leaving after 1, so the people who are should also adapt to your way.

I’m just trying to figure out why your judgment of when leaving is okay should be given more weight than the person’s who is paying for their subscription. Please help me out here.

2 Likes

Punishment ain’t gonna happen, except MAYBE in the case of keys listed as completion.

I do however believe a keyholder should have a way to recover their key without having to re-run it. Perhaps it would be as simple as key not downgrading, but it would turn into another key. Perhaps only 9s, 14s, 19s would not downgrade? Perhaps it could be re-purchased for a ridiculous amount of valor?

With the pug system as-is, these threads are not going to stop coming up.

Some people can’t comprehend no matter how many time and how many ways you spell it out. It just goes over their heads.

I typically will stick through the keys ups and downs. However, if I’m blatantly being disrespected, I will just leave. Simple as that.

If you don’t want people to leave the key, show some respect for their time they are giving to you. Clearly communicate what the objective is. Completion, learning, beat timer. Failure to do this means the end goal is interpreted 5 different ways.

If people who get butthurt that they died once from a dungeon at the fresh start when others didn’t die needs to check their priorities then.

At that point, you are wasting people’s keys and time by being a troll. It isn’t healers fault. It’s yours.

At that point, don’t bother joining mythic+ . There is difference between 1 death vs 20.

Also I am not referring “you” as you, but rather more focusing on the person who leaves like a prick.

1 Like

Usual average time is, 30-40 mins per run. Yes. Stuff happens. Your baby can throw up, or get injured, or family member had something going on with emergency.

People can type that out or say in voice that something emergency came up.

If people just leave, like consistently, then there is a problem. The person has history of leaving. People can list them as someone to not do mythic+ with.

can we punish bad tanks and healers to?

1 Like

You’re not answering the question. You have very clear ideas of when it is, and when it is not appropriate to leave.

Why do you think that your ideas should be the ones that every other player should be forced to follow? You said obviously if there are 20 wipes you should be free to leave the group. But there are people who think it doesn’t matter, you should stick it out to the end no matter what. Why are you right and they’re wrong?

You obviously think it’s wrong to leave after a single early wipe, but there are some who feel that is a signal that their time is going to be wasted. Why are you right and they’re wrong?

Remember, you only pay for your own subscription, so I’ll be interested to see how you justify telling other people how to play.

2 Likes

Oh dont worry about that. I’ll let the GMs decide if they feel the constant leavers are abusing and throwing players from succeeding Mythic+. I won’t tell people what to do with their subs. All I would do is just write ticket and GMs will investigate. That’s all that needs to be done.

But GMs will probably suspend players if they deem fit to be punishable. At least the devs are the ones who can tell players what to do even if it is the customers paying the subs.