Punish Key leavers

Depends if they are paying me for said loot.

1 Like

Honestly, people just logging off after flaming someone for stupid reasons is the icing on the cake. The last one was fun.

They rushed the lead, started ranting about how slow he was finding people (we only had melee and there were only melee in group/no buffs), largely ignored mechanics/took the most damage from everything, half caused a wipe from foxes on Mistcaller, then logged off the second we wiped.

Really just 10/10 behavior. Pugging sucks, but most of us have to do it.

ok and people who die 20 times pre first boss dont get to do keys for 48 hrs. :smiley:
remember to common factor to all your failed keys is you.

That is such bs take and you know it lol

If so many of us here are saying that we seldom have people leave our groups isn’t it a good idea to look at why people are leaving yours (not necessarily you but an individual) so much more regularly?

2 Likes

lol no its not. youre is an entitled take tho. go prove your own worth and improve your own game. you barley time 12s bud its not a them issue its a you issue.

entitled and lazy people dont every self reflect. i only improved and started timing most my keys once i stop blaming others and blamed myself and my own misplays

1 Like

That’s a hardcore debuff. I know a few times for whatever reason I could not control my character and froze. I didn’t intend to abandon the party. I got kicked which was appropriate. I think a 30 minute deserter debuff is a good way to go. Not everyone deliberately sabotages a party.

If the shoe fits, get another one like it?

What makes you think wiping is what make people leave keys? I did a Gambit 18 Saturday and when we got to the casters everyone still wanted to pull extra “because reasons” but no one wanted to kick the casters. They didn’t want to kill Ur so my pally would at least get an extra toll here and there for some kicks. They complained and I pointed out they weren’t kicking spells to start with why would I pull an inspired mob into a relic pack with 2 casters? Then we get to the last boss area and I pull one pack…hunter pulls another and the warlock pulled a 3rd. At that point I just left them with it. If people are going to be dumb, it’s not worth my time to stay.

And to think Gambit is usually a dreamwalk after the murlocs.

1 Like

What about when you know that the group cant even finish the dungeon and you gota leave, instead of wiping over and over

Wiping is what makes most people leave keys, not what makes all people leave keys. I have never once in over 700 keys had people pull for me. I’m not saying it doesn’t ever happen, but it can’t happen that frequently. People leave for all sorts of reasons, but wipes and deaths is #1.

or, remove the key depletion to a lower level if not completed. if players want to drop the key level there is a npc for that.

No, some people need to taste failure and not be given opportunities to only go up by getting carried. Especially with valor farmers, there are an astonishing amount of players with +15 and up keys who have no idea what they are doing - Class/spec rotations or Boss mechanics. Clearly been carried and will only go up higher if they remove depletion.

2 Likes

Don’t join in the first place?

loosing time and having to restart is more than enough.

also, its more reflective of things like “The Great Push”

it wouldn’t be an issue of players leaving keys and needing some sort of massive debuff to indicate toxic levels of non commitment. or trolls being able to join a key and leaving less than a min after the key stats. not even wipes.

Most idiotic idea ever- how would this even remotely not be open to abuse???

It is my right to leave a crap team, a toxic team… what if there is a medical emergency in RL- or even Amazon delivery at the door?!

Seriously OP, pull your head out of your @ $ $

1 Like

This literally makes 0 sense… if we cant even make it to the first boss without 10 wipes or party members cant do simple mechanics then im leaving, sorry but idc about your feelings im not wasting 2hrs on a key with ppl i dont know at all

It’s not when they shouldn’t have been there to begin with.

How often does this even happen? We heard some “stories” over the forums, but we know for a fact people will exaggerate or spin things to fit their agenda. People’s accounts on the forums is not usable data. People don’t leave keys that are going well enough for it to be overhauled.

3 Likes

the leaver or the key holder that has no control over what other people do or dont do?
maybe the “social contract” will make leaving against the tos. instead of making it happen be a non issue. :upside_down_face:

and as far as how often, doesnt matter. when it does, it makes you want to make a ban list so you never run a group with them again.

Group leader has tools to view another player’s experience and history. If they choose not to use the tool then that is on them. You are still ignoring that the key holder in many of these cases are the ones who shouldn’t be in that key level to begin with. They didn’t earn it, they got full on carried.

How often absolutely does matter. Getting 1 person who legit trolls and leaves at the start in 10,000 keys versus 1:10 paints a much different picture.

2 Likes