Punish Key leavers

Yeah. Punish the players that make the key leavers leave

Stacking Lockout for the Following:
Lowest DPS, Face Pulling, Don’t Know Mechanics, Forget Flask/Food Buffs, Arguing With The Tank, etc

12 Likes

No where in the game does it say I must not leave a mythic key ?

1 Like

Punish the people that are outliers in deaths, step in the bad way too much, don’t do mechanics, don’t interrupt enough, aren’t prepared ect.

first then we can talk about leavers.

8 Likes

So many purchased runs, IO losing a lot of value.

2 Likes

Should have been more descriptive. Sorry.

Can’t join/enter a dungeon for the duration of debuff.

This would kill pugs over night :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I do have a plan on finishing but if the run is not going as smoothly as I want it to be than I will leave, I have every right to leave, I’m not wasting my time simple as that.

I’m not here to teach somebody the mechanics or the basics of their spec in a +15

4 Likes

Don’t you mean somethi9ng came out? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That being said, no punishment for key leavers should be implemented other than what they already get, if anything. That is the risk you take when playing that content, deal with it or don’t play that content.

Semper Fi! :us: :ukraine:

1 Like

So wasting 30+ minutes for 4 other people because someone decided he/she is tired or whatever else excuse they have, is ok?

They should add a debuff for 24 hours for every 1k under 10k dps. 9k =24 hours, 8k =48 hours.

They should add a 24 hour debuff per mob for pulling anything that isn’t on the route. 48 hours per mob on bolstering weeks.

They should add a 1 hour per second for being late on lust.

24 hours per Kyrian weapon misuse.

6 hours per mob for priority damage mess ups. Like aoe-ing the necromancer packs in NW. not killing adds on Amarth, etc.

24 hour for the healer every time the group dies to unavoidable damage.

24 hours for anyone every time they die to avoidable damage.

At the end of the day, people just don’t leave keys that are going well. People leave keys that aren’t going to make it. If people are leaving your keys so often that it’s a problem, up your game.

7 Likes

Say what you will but the system is basically designed to create this conflict. Timing forcing you to rush to push keys, or be punished (depleted key).

The fact that the only way to acquire 278 from vault is via a +15 completion, makes it so the only thing people want to run is a >= 15 key. Don’t believe me? Decrease your key to 14 or 13 and watch how long it takes to fill a group.

So the 15 key becomes your golden ticket to the gear you want until you can get KSM and get invited regularly without your own key. So having it decrease to 14 can set you back hours (minimally 1 run) depending on what dungeon it is.

So essentially 1 person leaving the 5 man in order to save 15 minutes of his time, is going to cost you 30 minutes of yours (not including the time wasted making a new group for the depleted key).

So we can agree to disagree on “punishment” … but the system as designed will inevitably lead to negative interactions. It just will. No one but the lead has skin in the game.

The irony is, once you are very well geared and/or KSM, the issue kind of goes away, since you no longer have to depend on your own key as it is infinitely easier to get invited to someone else’s at that point.

1 Like

I’m just tallying up a list on who to not invite according to this post. Apparently people are 100% fine with leaving in the middle of a key, screwing 4 others, and would leave at the smallest mistakes possible.

Noted.

4 Likes

Yes, force them against their will; that sounds like a great time:) I don’t like those people either but forcing them isn’t going to do anything other than increase accidents.
Edit: I’m more in favor of a reputation system but then you have to worry about that being abused too.

1 Like

So here is an idea for something they could do…

Imagine if you could run any dungeon you want, but everyone has to provide a “key fragment”.

5 +15 key fragments mean you run a +15 dungeon.

If the run fails, everyone’s key fragment depletes to 14. If you time it, everyone’s fragment gets bumped.

Now we all have skin in the game. You can run any dungeon you want. +13s and 14’s aren’t basically dead keys.

I bet you would see “leavers” drop off a cliff.

1 Like

If someone leaves do the other 4 have ti stay?

Or if they click leave grp cause its not possible to finish the key(say the tank left) also get a debuff?

We all leave the key at some point

ok punish them by punishing everyone who was with them as well by giving them a one week deserter debuff that stops them from entering raids and mythic dungeons with the execption of LFR and normal dungeons. XD

Literally all they have to do is add a DNF% (did not finish) that is tracked along with their IO. Would be punishment enough seeing someone with a 40-50% DNF, that gets High enough and nobody will be inviting you to keys.

In order to do that they would have to add in a mutual disband option for the key though where people can vote and have it not count against them

6 Likes

Yes 100%.!

1 Like

As soon as they add performance metrics. Average dps, average number of errors, failure damage taken etc.

Lol none of that has to do with anything about this post. What you are asking for is logs which already exist, the ability to see how many keys someone leaves does not exist.

Really don’t get where you were going with that

There are way too many variables to add in performance based metrics. Literally the tank alone plays a major role of the groups ability to do good overall damage, if that’s tracked than all you will get is severe toxicity towards tanks based on not pulling enough, or not keeping mobs grouped because it’s going to hurt the dps players metrics.

Literally a DNF% is all that is needed to avoid the scumbag leavers that ruin keys

2 Likes