#PullTheRipcord

No. Players should not have to choose between peformance and narrative. End of discussion.

7 Likes

Its true! He really would prefer if we didn’t play demo. Survival hunters were basically mm hunters which is why both specs are completely different from what they were 4 years ago. The ripcord is real and corruptions were no where near as rng as titanforging.

If this expansion came out with a new talent row with 3 neat new abilities that seemed tailored for the 3 main types of content and covenants that had unique soulbinds with conduits that buff the abilities along with other covenant specific perks, and those perks switched fluidly with no lockout timer when switching specs…

We’d all be sitting on the edges of our seats waiting for this awesome sounding expansion to drop.

No one would be saying. ‘Covenants should have their own abilities—except maybe someone having a random shower thought like ‘hm it would be kinda nifty if…but nah it wouldn’t work well and a ton of people would be annoyed.’

Separate powers from covenants like it should have been all along, because that would have been awesome and no one would have ever asked for powers to be locked up if that scenario never existed.

3 Likes

New team would make the ripcord in record time. Just my prediction. :+1:

2 Likes

The ultimate goal of the PullTheRIpcord crowd. Well said.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/shadowlands-update-some-spells-no-longer-on-gcd/630189

Fourth paragraph
“We’ve heard clear feedback that incurring a global cooldown to do nothing but enhance subsequent button presses is unsatisfying, and we agree.”

2 Likes

Using feedback, and basing choices solely on feedback are completely different. The players do not dictate policy or game direction.
You can voice your view to your congressman, anytime you like.
Will they listen? Maybe, Do they base their choices solely on constituent feedback. HELL NO.
The very idea is ludicrous. Mob rule . … lol.

No dev is sitting around going. Man they hate this. Back to the drawing board.
None. They are saying. Is this the best thing for the game.
Can they be wrong. Sure.
Do they reevaluate based on some feedback. Or take some advisement from it.
Sure.
But that’s the extent of it.

I’m sorry I thought you asked for proof that there was a direct correlation between feedback and change. I didn’t know you were asking for whatever you just shifted the goalpost to.

3 Likes

I didn’t shift the goalpost. You completely misunderstood or failed to grasp what I was saying to begin with.
Context matters.

So using a bad metaphor is lying? That’s a pretty lowbar.

I can’t believe were being trolled constantly by classic alts in this thread. Can we get people who actually play retail, and have some shred of evidence of doing content.

5 Likes

I only play retail bud. I pvp, I do M+ and I raid. The whole trifecta.
Also, having a different opinion is not trolling.

Ha its pretty easy to do that when you have completely outlandish takes like the previous one. Of course feedback isn’t the end all be all, but all things should be taken into account. We shouldn’t just lie about feedback or not give it because it doesn’t matter, how else is Blizzard supposed to know if we like or don’t like a system if we don’t say so? You asked for proof that feedback influences blizzards decisions, I gave you a quote from blizzard saying they got clear feedback and they acted on it.

You jumped in and added your bit to a back an forth you weren’t a part of. Apparently you missed a bit.

Cool, log on your main, and post then.

If only.

In other news good morning ripcordians.

4 Likes

Using invalid arguments to argue your opinion is what makes you a troll.

Just admit you wanted locked covenants because it won’t affect the way you play the game but seeing it piss off so many people gets you off.

As dumb as that position is to take it’s more valid than every strawman, slippery slope, false equivalence logical fallacy that the anti-ripcord crew try to argue with.

1 Like

It seems this guy doesn’t even know who he’s addressing.

Would it add anything to this discussion or just give you the opportunity to derail it with you picking apart my achievements.
Pretty easy choice bud.

All of that noneense is just a distraction for people with weak arguments.

I think it helps put into perspective if you have a dog in the fight, so yeah It’d be nice to see.