#PullTheRipcord

Been around long enough to know how it really is.

1 Like

It’s totally fine to disagree. Reasonable people do that all the time. I’m in here disagreeing with what Ion has said about Covenants.

What I’m saying is that you tend to be abrasive and generally just spiteful towards other players. Which makes me not very inclined to listen to anything you have to say.

Just my two cents here, I don’t really intend to fill this thread with posts about individual forumgoers so I won’t respond further on this topic.

9 Likes

Well…it does mean we may see a new direction for WoW if the new expansion is BFA 2.0.

I guess that is a silver lining. :100:

1 Like

Lots of people in this thread have. I’ve been mocked repeatedly for supporting meaningful choice.

Still waiting to see what those good points were.

Here’s Ion’s post on the beta forums and the subsequent blasting of it by testers:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/development-update-the-road-to-shadowlands/638371

Of course they’re blasting it haha.
Only an idiot would read that and be like: “oh yeah, makes sense. Good points!”

3 Likes

That’s because the majority of players are all for pulling the ripcord.

Thank your for the link and I will read it all later for a better understanding of the topic.

Could be because you have horrible takes but all good

Here’s my concern:

I “main” a druid (specifically a feral druid, but Blizzard has told us they’re moving away from playing a ‘spec’ to playing a class).

That is problematic because, as a druid, I frequently swap between at least two of the four specs a druid has on offer (I won’t be touching Balance since I never liked the eclipse system, and although I can tank, I don’t do it often).

In addition to routinely swapping between feral and resto, I do a rather large variety of content. During a typical week, I do open-world questing, progression raiding, M+, and PvP.

I will have three different soulbinds that will allow me to customize the way I play once per week . In my case, I’m only playing, realistically, two of my four available class specs. Will the soulbinds be content agnostic?

Will one soulbind be good for feral pvp, another good for resto raiding, and the other good for tanking but mediocre for everything else? If that’s the case, am I stuck with a crappy setup for Mythic+ that week unless I reset? Ugh.

This is all getting very complicated, especially if I want to play my two specs optimally for the content I’m doing on a particular day.

6 Likes

Your concerns are legit.

Hybrids are hurt a lot with these restrictions.

1 Like

Basically spot on.

I haven’t lost anything, maybe you should touch up on your reading comprehension and read the original post.

I don’t lose anything if the ripcord was going to be pulled or not, it’s the player and the userbase that loses. This expansion will go down as a colossal failure and hopefully it brings about change at the highest level. All we can do is that ActiBlizz consider WoW worth going through the hassle of replacing a lead developer instead of axing the game.

6 Likes

My main is a druid as well. For M+ I resto, for world content I feral. For visions I like to do balance (was also thinking I would do torghast as it.) Each of those specs will find value in very different covenant abilities.

Mayt if you’re doing content over world quests level this will more than likely impact you in some negative way

I’m hoping there is some world quests that’s made dramatically easier by have a venthyr teleport and everyone gets triggered

1 Like

Dratnos said it best in his video, His original comment about ripcords in the interview and what he said below cannot coexist in good faith… Ion used the first quote as a way to try and calm down the players who were anxious about the system then did a bait and switch.

In short, pulling on that thread (or cord, as it were) would unravel the entire fabric of the system.

2 Likes

Damn Ion, I would’ve loved to have gone Venthyr on my rogue but I guess I have to go Necrolords for sure now :frowning:

1 Like

Decisions, decisions. That’s the beauty of meaningful choice, you can’t have it all. You need to figure out what is most important to you and go with it.

2 Likes

There is no choice

5 Likes

So glad that Blizzard only wants me to play one thing in shadowlands then. Heaven forbid that players might want to do other things.

1 Like