#PullTheRipcord Blizzard, the flaws of Covenants have already been exposed

Noone has ever framed classes as a ‘meaningful choice’, so I don’t see how this applies? I was specifically talking about the fallacy of the argument. But, let’s equate this to classes for a minute. If I play frost mage or night fae, and then frost mage or night fae gets nerfed, which offers an easier -actual- solution? If frost mage gets nerfed, I can just swap to fire or arcane, as many times as Blizzards clownshoes balancing team requires. Can’t exactly say the same about the covenant situation without a -ton- of pain.

What an utterly obnoxious and predictable response. Where in my post did I say I want to be “awesome at everything?”

“Buh buh buh you have to make CHOICES” I hear you frantically mashing out on your keyboard like a cat on a piano. Yes, I already did that when I chose a class and spec.

5 Likes

Okay,

currently ambush and slaughter do the exact same damage, and the poison isn’t worth it

the second vanish is nice, however it doesn’t do anything for outlaw aside from a few niche applications and more so, you can’t use it in solo or it will reset mob agro (think about using this on a boss in torghast)

A 7 point slice and dice can be undercut by grand melee roll so I’d never do it - a 7 point between the eyes would be nice though however the damage would be negligible at best

as it stands 3 ticks of the nercolord dot will do more damage than all the other abilities bar maybe sepsis with out investing in a conduit, it can also be applied on 3 targets

it just seems like a no brainer at this point if you want to play all 3 specs

1 Like

It sounds an awful lot like you want all of these abilities so you can make your weaknesses trivial.

But you want to invalidate those choices by having the best ability for every situation a click away? Bring the Player not the Class?

Legit the only mechanical thing I talked about was wanting my paladin to move faster as opposed to using a potion.

Other things I said:

Be better.

1 Like

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/covenant-system-design-flaws-discussion

This thread is POPPING OFF in the Beta forum and the best part is these trolls that have no intentions of playing theg ame anyway can’t spam it up

2390 upvotes

6 Likes

It sounds like you’re looking at just the numbers, which are subject to change. The Venthyr ability would definitely help the ramp up time for Outlaw.

The Night Fae ability is HUGE if you want to have priority kill targets in a group of mobs. Hop in, kill the target, Sepsis, hop out of combat, engage again. Not even counting Warmode at this point.

Balancing three buffs at once gets a lot easier when you save Energy and Combo points for Dispatches.

I just don’t see the appeal outside of the damage.

add another demographic to the list of players you don’t count when they say they don’t like covenants i guess huh

really clinging to that “IT’S ONLY THE 1%ERSSSS” til the end

read the discussion. hardly anyone ON THE BETA disagrees. the only person that doesn’t it “Metrohaha” and we all know how he got his green text

6 Likes

Oh look racism

3 Likes

Nice, so you’re a racist too. Just a really stellar person, I hope Blizzard is pleased with the people for whom they are designing nowadays.

4 Likes

Russian isn’t a race, try again.

Yea, we should totally listen the to people who pop off virtue signaling when they don’t understand the difference between Nationality and Race.

Wasn’t aimed at you, rather us all.

1 Like

No, because its as stupid as the other buzz words like “borrowed power” or “forced grinds.”

And if fire or arcane aren’t good? If you are “forced” to switch to warlock?

The first time you switch, it’s easy. It’s going back that takes longer.

His contribution, as always, is that it’s the community that is wrong. Great customer representative, huh?

3 Likes

“i just wanna have a reaaaal discussion about a reaaaaaal RPG and youuuu just just dont let that happennnn you’re all soooo unreasonableeee”

4 Likes

How is it a buzz word? It’s been a core feature for the last 2 expacs and is a major complaint towards current wow.

1 Like

I think she’s relating to how people think classes are incomplete with the introduction of borrowed power systems.

Haha yep :rofl:

It is the classic Metro Formula ™.

The other day I told someone to wait for Metro to do that and maybe five minutes later he did. It was magical.

3 Likes

yeah I bet if you logged on and didn’t use azerite, essences, and corruptions you’d still feel REALLY COMPLETE

3 Likes

That’s not a buzz word either, it’s a legitimate complaint.

2 Likes