#PullTheRipcord Blizzard, the flaws of Covenants have already been exposed

Yeah, that’s the thing. I dislike borrowed power because of what Blizzard made it. If classes were complete and could stand on their own two feet, and Blizzard threw in a little bit of borrowed power to enhance a class, then I’m easy. That sounds wonderful to me, bring back tier sets to enhance our finished, functioning class.

Yep and people went back to blindly following Icy-Veins meta. Which goes back to my point, if no choice is meant to stick, at this point devs need to stop creating wrong choices and just give every classes a static kit.

There’s 0 reasons for Covenant powers/ability to exist if they’re just yet another movable part of your loadout. That gameplay loop is achieved by talents already.

I disagree, icy-veins can tell you what’s the best until they’re blue in the face. It’s up to the player to determine what situation icy-veins is referring to when they’re talking about ‘best’. That gives players choice and gives them the opportunity to consider what covenant ability to use for any encounter.

Aye, they decided to make classes incomplete. I also don’t want the hassle of farming extra crap just to be competitive. Gears, Gems, and Enchants were plenty, there’s absolutely no reason to add anymore from that.

All these systems that were awesome that they built, just being half used and glazed over for something really dumb.

And we go back to the “math problem” aspect of the game, specially raiding and specially for DPS players. Healers have a bit more leeway there i’ll admit but for DPS its entirely mathematical. Being a snowflake is just hindering yourself.

Yes, we come full circle and covenants are still a bad idea.
Not trying to flame you, but you yourself arent exactly following Icy-Veins meta. How is that so? Why are you hindering yourself? Is it possible that people like to have a choice even if it might not be perfect? Sure there will be a meta, but you can still do what you want and its often fun to just try out different talents or azerite for different encounters which arent really covered by guides (think arenas).

Going to also blatantly steal from the Giga-Thread in the Beta-Forum in case theres someone who still hasnt seen it.
Thread with the most upvotes i have ever seen by miles.

That’s my PvP setup, that’s as close as the meta as i could get considering i just came back 2 months ago and had to grind like a 100k echoes to catch up (PvE Set, full cloak catch up then PvP set.

Also that’s not the most upvoted thread ever by a mile. You weren’t around when Blizzard tried to enforce RealID on the forums i’ll guess.

I was actually referring to what you used in your raids. But all this just goes to show, theres still lots of reason why people are different. And maybe WoW isnt exactly like Overwatch, even though your talents, azerite and stuff is swappable. We currently have the choice and WoW isnt destroyed by it. Making covenants swappable isnt going to wreck it either. It has to happen.

#dontpulltheripcord

1 Like

Wut? Your gear in FF14 doesn’t suddenly turn to another armor type, you literally are carrying around your various pieces lol.

1 Like

Mighty fine Ripcord you got there, be a shame if someone were to come along and just…pull it.

3 Likes

This is good currently

This is bad now, thanks to the increased focus costs.

Sure does, but it has an internal ICD and doesn’t work with pet’s damage.

Dunno why it should be especially good for surv pvp, it’s currently the best ability because it gives us focus. It is not a good ability in aoe tho and the conduits of the necrolords are thrash apparently.

Focus regen, cleave damage and the base Necrolord ability all sound great in PvP I had Survival PvP specifically in mind though.

Man if one ability and some passives are enough to make a sub-class for you…

1 Like

Forgot the 3 small talent trees that come with it as well.

But that’s not a good defense of this system is it? There was a lot of outcry from players and they made it easier to change specs in that expansion too, as they made essences “account-wide” and as they introduced a vendor for azerite and corruption.

This expack is a cluster**** of bandaid systems because Azerite Gear crashed and burn so hard they had no choice but to scrap it midway. Of course they had no choice but to iterate on the damn thing.

#Don’tPullTheRipCord

But they iterated a ton on legion too and that wasn’t an abandoned expansion. Also the fact that they couldn’t see the problems with bfa systems when they were highlighted by a lot of people both in beta/forums alike still doesn’t instill great confidence that this system is the one I’ll be finally wrong about.

They abandoned RNG leggos at the end, or so i heard (i was gone by then), which was the one truely bad thing about Legion.

They never abandoned Artifact Weapons despite so many people crying about the grind tied to them, specially early in the xpack.