Pugs vs Plaguefall 15

So this is my baby tank. Been doing pretty well with him so far but I’m kinda frustrated with Plaguefall 15 because there’s this huge skip at the start that pugs always screw up but it doesn’t seem possible to beat the timer without doing it. Then we wipe and the group falls apart.

I normally wouldn’t care about since it’s easy to just get another group but it’s happened a few times now so I’m starting to think I’m not explaining it correctly, or I should just pull it anyway and not care, or something. Idk.

The first area skip is a safety skip more than a time skip, though that skip also gets lust on cd faster. It’s not bricked if you pull those mobs, but you have to stop the stormers at all costs and obliterate them.

There are MDI strats and then there are PUG strats. PUG strats don’t skip anything because PUGs don’t have invis pots. So, you just pull that section of the dungeon.

PUG strats in general do not rely on anyone and play it safe so you can time 15s.

2 Likes

You don’t need to skip a thing in a 15 plaguefall to time it.

Ran 2 15 PFs on my main yesterday, both groups pulled pack by pack, had 12 mins left on first run and 3 mins on second one (healer had to restart pc 2x during run)

That plaguefall skip with pugs is super risky because you’re basically saying we will not wipe before 2nd boss. If you do, then you most certainly are not timing it bc you will have to deal with those packs you skipped bc nobody can get past them.

2 Likes

well, you can skip it all without invis/shroud by running to the left… but i wouldn’t trust the average pug group to handle that either

2 Likes

I did a 20 without doing the skip because once invis pot goes on cooldown people die to just about everything and its an instant deplete because they cant get back. You should 100% not be doing this is in a 15, the only “skip” in this range is the one in mists at the start after you defeat the big tree, in halls after 1st boss and sanguine depths after 2nd boss everything else just kill it.

I should also add for the pf start don’t pull more than 1 stormer, people aren’t going to stop it in this range since they probably overlap all their cc on the first storm and have nothing remaining.

I only do the skip in a 15 if group is experienced. If KSM group I just press W. If you having issues timing I’ll say look at route and your pulls. Chances are you are going to slow.

Don’t skip. An even bigger reason then someone screwing up the initial skip is if you have an early wipe after it, and the wrong people release, you will start at the beginning again without invis pots/shroud ect. Communicate stops on the fungal storm, and kill the early mobs one pack at a time. You have plenty of time!

Plaguefall has one of the easiest timers of any dungeon and pulling the mushroom guys at the start won’t really add much to your time. I wouldn’t bother trying to invis skip in a 15 pug, not only will it not work a lot of the time, but anyone who dies and accidentally releases at any point in the dungeon then has to use another pot to get back. And this causes a lot of runs to be disbanded.

1 Like

Advise for hunter: you can use frost trap to stop the stormer mushroom if your intimidate is on CD!

1 Like

I finally timed a PF 15 using the Dratnos no-skip route. My alt has more mythic rating than my main now, lol

This is actually the first time I’ve ever heard about someone having issues timing a PF, it has by far the 2nd most lenient timer behind NW.

Do you even need to skip anything sub-21 to time Plaguefall? I don’t remember ever doing a route there that required skips to time it, and my tank specifically pulled a route that didn’t require any risky skips precisely because of PUGs pulling stuff anyway.

Save your self a headache, and leave before the key starts, if somebody suggests this. Big brain strats in lower keys are the worst with randoms.

1 Like

Uhhh yes it is lol, it might not seem possible because for whatever reason people who watch world first keys think they need to do their strategies in a 15 and don’t even know what those mobs do

it might sound like a stupid question for some but, why do tank skip the adds in front of the last boss in PF? I have seen tank go to the left over the green stuff to pull the back row without pulling the front and other who just pull the front pack like normal and frankly I never saw any difference! The only difference is that the Caster guy will not teleport to the other packs which change nothing because we gonna pull and AoE him with those pack anyway!
Am I missing something here?

i think it’s just nice that melee doesn’t have to chase him around the room.

also it’s funny to see people walk through the slime in the middle and die :laughing:

You are.

The named NPC can convert the npcs around him (all the names are escaping me at the moment.) If he converts one it no longer give percentage towards enemy forces. Therefore, you skip him and you only need to kill the last pack before he converts something.

1 Like

I timed a 16 PF without skipping anything, and we even had 9 deaths plus a very lengthy second boss fight because our warlock died at the very start and he was the only brez. So, it is totally doable. Maybe in Fortified it is a bit harder, but you dont need to skip it to time a 15.

Just make sure you have good access to CC to deal with the fungis with that nasty AoE damage channel.

Gotta use pug strats. Low risk, steady pace.