PUGS can't do big pulls

There has to be more players out there frustrated with the number of tanks that think because they see groups of trash being pulled all the way to the boss in the MDI means that that is a standard pull and anyone should be able to it. Hate to break it to ya but that is delusional. One in every fifty PUG groups will have the coordination - or more like luck - to pull off anything nearly as big as what MDI pulls are like. If you stopped to think about it for even a moment youd realize its not worth the risk, especially since all ANYONE in the group really wants is to time the key. You fail that massive pull? Bricked key, angry group. So why bother? It cannot save so much extra time to pull everything all at once that its worth dealing with the stress of trying to coordinate all of the kicks/stuns/dispels might be needed to succeed. Just go one group at a time, youll time the key. chill the freak out.

5 Likes

When pugging I like to use what I call “PUG strats”. They’re as much as pugs can handle that can still time the key.

4 Likes

Pretty much this, there’s a middle ground between pulling 13 wolves after fenrir and doing 2 mobs a time before the 1st boss. One group at a time is pitifully slow in a lot of keys.

5 Likes

Exactly, you can also do pro pug moves like calling out what interrupt you will be getting. Which helps with pug strats.

1 Like

My pug strats are often just pulling what I can solo.

1 Like

I will concede that one group at a time in a lot of instances would be too slow, but by god, my point still stands lol

1 Like

What key levels are you talking about? If it’s 18+ keys I’m pulling entire rooms at a time due to how tight timers are. That isn’t a tank issue that is a you issue. If tanks love mass pulling a room then it’s probably meta to do that. If they can survive the pull you can too.

I generally just go by this,
https://raider.io/news?tag=weekly-route

Pugs can usually handle these pulls and meet the timer just fine. If DPS is good there’s generally no reason to do MDI type pulls if you’re just looking to +1 or +2 the key.

On my healer I have definitely run into some tanks that do some dumb pulls though like on fortified week in HOV, they tried pulling the first 3 groups together. This is something I would do on tyrannical but definitely not on fortified. Mostly because the casts that go off hit random people and nearly one shot.

2 Likes

They survive massive pulls because they are tanks and are built to take a beating. Not everyone else is

2 Likes

that’s a standard pull regardless of the affix. the difference is to CC or not CC thundercaller.

This is not necessarily true. For example if you decide to pull 9 lashers at the start of AV in the same pull, a BDK will almost certainly live because of AMS and death strike, but everyone else will be dead because you can’t kick 9 lashers.

2 Likes

There is nothing wrong with doing this pull, almost everyone does it. The thundercallers are the only mobs that are dangerous to the rest of the group.

1 Like

6 and then 5 lashers pulls is standard

There’s no way to pull 6 and 5.

There are 6 in the first room, 3 and a tree in the hallways, and 4 in the first pack out of the hallway.

If a tank tried to pull the first 9+tree the tank would probably live but the rest of the group would be dead.

you do the first room pull, that’s 6.
next pull is tree + 3 lashers and you tag 2 in the next room.
3rd pull is tree plus 5 lashers again

Absolutely not in pug groups, i have seen 0 pug groups do it this way successfully on fortified and there are 2 thundercallers. That’s like pulling all 3 of the groups before Vexamus. If you don’t have a coordinated group you are 100% going to wipe it, but it’s normal for mdi. On low keys sure but i’m talking about 18s and up.

my friend, every pug is doing those pulls from week 1

1 Like

They are not, you’re hiding your actual character for some reason but I’m pretty sure i’ve pugged a lot more than you have.

You CC or focus down the first thundercaller and the rest of the pull is easy. I do this pull every single time, even on raging or sanguine weeks, and it’s fine.

The only time I would consider not doing it is explosive week purely because of how many mobs are involved.

1 Like

you didn’t.