Public reference client

Yes. Things weren’t always rainbows and unicorns. I remember reading rants of people quitting due to game breaking changes potentially dropping and absolutely destroying one’s chosen class that they were so invested in, on any given Tuesday…

but yes, GMs were a thing, and response times were relatively quick. Are there currently any GMs? Has the role not been eliminated, and now we have Customer Service or something?

While I don’t disagree with this, I’m not familiar enough with precisely what these bugs are that you are referencing, so it’s difficult for me to have a strong sense of what we’re talking about.

And there’s that political stance again. Personally, I have quite a different view on the whole situation, but I’ll leave that out, as I don’t feel it belongs here, and certainly brings nothing of value to our discussion about Classic. :slight_smile:

I wish there were one or two that I was referring to, but off the top of my head: vanish not working, feign death not dropping combat, mobs inappropriately aggroing on threat generating abilities used by players who aren’t in combat with them, hunter pets losing happiness below zero, druids getting mana burned in shapeshift, execute/ferocious bite “eating” any rage/energy generated immediately after their usage, grounding totem not working, interrupts inappropriately triggering an additional global cooldown in addition to the spell lockout, mind flay getting knocked back through PWS, movement speeds being calculated based on WOD speed formula instead of Vanilla formula, etc.

Sure. That’s always been a thing. I’m talking about actual customer service and bug fixes, not class balance issues.

I’m actually not sure. I’ve yet to speak to one or hear of someone speaking to one.

So, to be clear, before I start looking up reports on the bugs forum, and cross-referencing with the Classic Not a Bug list, the following are what you are describing as clearly game breaking bugs that you believe fall into what can be definitely be called the “obvious” category and have been met with radio silence:

• vanish not working
  • feign death not dropping combat
  • mobs inappropriately aggroing on threat generating abilities used by players who aren’t in combat with them
  • hunter pets losing happiness below zero
  • druids getting mana burned in shapeshift
  • execute/ferocious bite “eating” any rage/energy generated immediately after their usage
  • grounding totem not working
  • interrupts inappropriately triggering an additional global cooldown in addition to the spell lockout
  • mind flay getting knocked back through PWS
  • movement speeds being calculated based on WOD speed formula instead of Vanilla formula
  • And others that have not been mentioned, so will be disregarded due to the nature of the question this is a direct answer to

Those are just off the top of my head. I could probably keep listing bugs but I really don’t feel like typing them all out. If you want an idea of the mountain of bugs I’m referring to, check Ravix’s druid bug list or the known issues list that’s been started by players. I believe the feign and vanish bugs have been blue posted on, yet not fixed (may be wrong on that, but that was my understanding last time I read those threads).

Fair enough. Perhaps we could discuss the point of it?

So far, here’s what I think may be a fair summary of this topic (please, let me know if/where I’m inaccurate):

• it would be nice to have (or have had) access to Blizzard’s reference client and server, so that we could verify what is and isn’t a bug
  • it would be nice if there was more communication from Blizzard about the current state of certain bugs that some people care about

Am I missing anything?

Nope, sounds about right.

1 Like

There are so many bugs that if this were to ever happen, there would be a 100 bug reports posted by time the first player hits level 30. From that point forward there would be 1000 differences posted by 60 including pvp issues. Many of the bugs / differences are just that blatant and obvious but are still around, it’s like Blizzard just doesn’t care.

The boss mobs in UBRS being level 62s and not Skull / Boss level mobs is one right there…still not fixed.

bump for ref client access ! :-p