PTR Zombie Invasion Stress Test -- Friday at 8:00 a.m. PDT / 11:00 a.m. EDT

So sad to see this event nerfed…I guess blizz gave in to all the crying feelsbadman.

12 Likes

There is no payoff from the zombie invasion, why have it/do it? As originally introduced it was just a grief fest, and still no reward. Thanks but no.

5 Likes

i will just echo what others said Unnerf it and make the loss of durability from zombies 0 etcKeep the new player immunity.

Its meant to be limited time not some expansion feature that will stay in the game til the servers dies

14 Likes

That’s why I was asking for a War Mode toggle for player ghouls and ghoul infection so the griefing is cut out. Did you not enjoy the Legion pre-patch event? I thought it was a lot of fun and made the world feel alive. One of WoW’s biggest problems is that it seldom feels like we’re living in the World of Warcraft and all too often feels more like we live in the Patch of Warcraft.

If they can fix the one glaring flaw that previous iterations of this event had, then there’s no reason to not have it. I want to feel the threat of the Scourge running rampant now that the Helm has been broken. I think it’s entirely possible to achieve that without including the part where we feel frustrated because griefers are puking on all the important NPCs and forcing every player to join them or simply take a month off from playing.

4 Likes

Good to know leaving feedback on the Event that isn’t “please unnerf” gets you flagged by people for Spam in a thread SPECIFICALLY for Event feedback. I hope the people doing it know that false flagging will get you suspended from the forums.

7 Likes

No its not possible and no i didnt enjoy the legion pre patch.

INCONVENIENCE AND IMPACT FOR ALL or it DOESNT MATTER.

2 Likes

Carebears 1, Zombies 0

12 Likes

I don’t know…Ever been to a festival, party, local grill off? The pay off is just to have fun, not everything has to be about gear or progression.

11 Likes

Thank you for nerfing this, I was already dreading not being able to even play the game cause of trolls. Thanks Blizz!

7 Likes

Reminder that flagging is not a replacement for downvoting, and flagging legitimate posts (like the 3 flagged in here) can result in you losing your flagging privileges and a forum suspension. (as stated by blues before)

ANyway, a stress test at 8 AM west coast? I feel like you would get more out of a stress test at like Noon/1 PM. The amount of people awake at 8 AM is vastly lower than those at noon.

6 Likes

I completely agree with this. I was one of the folks who wanted to level alts during this pre-patch. That exiles reach immunity is what I was looking for.

The NPCs should be more of a threat outside of war mode, since we don’t have the players to contend with. But I get nerfing them in war mode, as the lag was a bit insane when a bunch of players were involved.

Either make the thing engaging, or just scrap it entirely. This compromise just feels like a bad place for everyone.

7 Likes

Stress test? lmao. Why would you need a stress test when zombies are as scary as a low level mob? Its like Blizz is trying to cater to both sides so bad that it just ends up being worse.

12 Likes

A beautiful experience that happens only once in several blue moons mangled again. Unnerf the event and return it to the potency it was back prior to LK. That event was glorious and talked about for years after with great nostalgia. Every prepatch event since has paled in comparison to the gleeful fun which took place then.

12 Likes

Why on earth was that flagged? Sheeeeeeesh.

3 Likes

Because those angry at the nerf either don’t know or don’t care that false flagging will get them a forum vacation and flagging ability removed.

3 Likes

Gotta love people who try to censor opinions that don’t line up with their own LOL!

5 Likes

Theres no point of even having the event if zombies only last 60 seconds and are so gimped they cant do anything.

Most of the fun was meeting up with zombies, even alliance ones, and causing havok.

If you don’t have balls like old blizzard don’t try to claim their glory ok? Make some garbage nublizz event like you guys normally do.

14 Likes

Is one of the PTR servers notoriously more populated than the others? Just wondering if one will see the most action out of stress test.

Gamers in 2020 just can’t handle consequence… it’s really depressing honestly.

9 Likes

wow, can’t wait to log on TO DO POINTLESS DAILIES

best event ever since the ghouls are gone. So unique and fun as a one time event. Super looking forward to shadowlands if this prepatch shows us what’s in store

Please make EVERYTHING feel unimportant in the game. It makes this game so much more enjoyable knowing nothing cool ever happens

This event will definitely be memorable as the worst one ever to grace the game so kudos for that

6 Likes