PTR Zombie Invasion Stress Test -- Friday at 8:00 a.m. PDT / 11:00 a.m. EDT

Tomorrow, Friday September 4, at 8:00 a.m. PDT / 11:00 a.m. EDT, we’re going to perform a stress test on the Pre-patch PTR.

Please make sure you select “Public Test Realm” in the Battle.net App, and log in at that time, and join Blizzard employees in Stormwind and Orgrimmar as we test the updates to the event that were made in this latest build.

Thereafter, please leave any feedback you have on the experience in this thread.

We’ll see you in Stormwind and Orgrimmar. Thank you!

14 Likes

Please Please Please another giant Abomination !!!

8 Likes

Un-nerf the zombies please. Nerfing them to the point of uselessness and irrelevance makes the entire thing pointless.

64 Likes

What is even the point of this event anymore LOL.

Blizzard has no spine at all and players can’t be even slightly bothered for about a week to have an event that is actually immersive. I was so looking forward to an actual dangerous event for all players but not any F’ing more.

Just rename the event “DEATH’S RISING… KINDA, JUST WALK PAST THE ZOMBIES”

Someone on Wowhead pointed out how terrible this event is after the nerf and best described it as:

the Scourge need consent before they can go after you apparently

EDIT: Also, keep the Exiles Reach immunity. That part is fine. But everyone else should be able to handle a super limited time event of chaos.

41 Likes

Not much we can do as ghouls anyhow. Can’t even kill other players and players can’t kill us without flagging each other. What kind of scourge invasion makes it so zombies can walk by you??

Edit: not to mention you can’t fall 2 ft without instantly dying, ghoul spawn limit is capped, and now a single player can obliterate a ghoul In seconds. While they should be able to 1v1 a ghoul. They need to be a bit more beefy

10 Likes

Keep the Exiles Reach immunity.

Un nerf the rest of the event.

42 Likes

Keep the nerfs. The event pre-nerf was insane to the point that it was literally going to crash bigger servers. The lag was worse than World Boss week in Vale.

17 Likes

It’s a shame you had to nerf it so bad and didnt have a mode completely separated those who who wanted to do pvp stuff and those who didn’t, and just put ghouls on the pvp side only.

Maybe make it only togglable in two major cities

You could call it battle mode or fight mode or like slap mode or something similar.

9 Likes

I am going to see if I can’t log in for this and get a feel for how it is going to play out. I was all for an opt out via wm. That way I could do the quests/story line on the characters I wanted to, and I could flag and participate on the ones I wanted to as well. Hopefully they will come up with something that will be good for everyone.
Oh, and by opt out I don’t mean no scourge interaction. I meant no players attacking me. There is no reason that the npc scourge shouldn’t still be a threat.

6 Likes

So the fun police once again killed the scourge event?

30 Likes

I’d be very happy if they could figure out a way to un-nerf the event without destroying server stability, and just add a War Mode toggle for the whole ghoul infection thing. I don’t enjoy having PvP forced on me but I wouldn’t mind this event in the least if the rest of it was more like the Legion pre-patch.

I want to feel the presence of the Scourge invasion across the world, I just don’t want to be forced to deal with griefing and general shenanigans from players who can only have fun if they’re slaughtering unprepared players and ruining quest progression by killing critical NPCs and camping Argent Healers.

12 Likes

UN NERF ZOMBIES. MOAR ZOMBIES. MOAR CITIES. ITS THE END OF THE WORLD AND IT SHOULD FEEL LIKE IT.

It should NOT END. This should go on ALL EXPANSION at LEAST one day a week.

A HUGE falling down if expansions lately is their inability to feel IMPORTANT. PLEASE use the undead of Azeroth THROUGHOUT the expansion to make the campaign in the Shadowlands FEEL IMPORTANT.

and please put the shattered skybox in ALL ZONES (including quelthalas and azuremyst)

14 Likes

I like this idea but I’m not sure how you expect the Icecrown skybox to be visible from everywhere in the world. Relatively speaking it is not this gigantic hole that can be seen from everywhere, it just fills the sky in the vicinity of Icecrown Citadel.

1 Like

It is and that’s the problem. There should at least be fissures through the sky. I want to see npcs panicking, For Metzen’s Sake!

5 Likes

I agree that the invasions should probably be a recurring thing, if not a continuous one. At least until we reach the point in the story where the Helm of Domination has been repaired, as we know it will be in a future patch. Unless the helm is repaired in the opening acts of Shadowlands, in which case I could understand it being confined to the pre-patch.

But the sky rift over Icecrown is just that. Over Icecrown. We have no reason to believe there should be other holes in the sky over every zone in the game. The barrier between worlds is thinnest at the top of ICC because that’s where Sylvanas sundered the Helm, and that’s where Torghast lines up with the mortal world.

2 Likes

What’s to stress? Isn’t there a cap on how many ghouls can be summoned at a time? And they only last a minute or two anyway right?

I mean I guess you guys could break your own rules, but you’d be just as good stress testing by doing anything in Org/SW since that’s where you funnel all players anyway.

I hope the Beta testers have been stress testing Oribos as well, because Dalaran 3.0 is going to be the real crowded house.

2 Likes

Disappointed in the zombie nerf as well… surely there is some kind of middle ground to make it fun and worthwhile, but at the same time less annoying to those who vehemently hate it?

Maybe they only attack level 50 players on foot to protect low-levels and the quest-givers have a bubble around them to project people who are trying to do quests? Provide an NPC that can give a limited time (5-10 minutes?) immunity buff for those wanting to use the AH/Bank/Barber/Whatever… make the portal room in SW a safe zone.

I feel like warmode is too much “safety” in a world that is supposed to be overrun by zombies… IMO, people should at least have to make a small effort to protect themselves.

12 Likes

@Blizzard can we get visual effects in the sky in the major cities? Also, please allow more zombies we need to see citizens scared and concerned.

The nerf was a bit too harsh, please increase the spawn cap rate. If players engage I see you have it where they must be PvP. This is great because not everyone wants to engage the ghouls and be flagged automatically. Just increase the spawn rate and timer for the ghouls. Thank you Blizzard!

3 Likes

On the subject of testing, please give more beta invites please. So many things I want to test on my class but can’t. Can’t even discuss stuff on the beta forums. Meanwhile I see people trolling in the beta on streams.

fix an urgent meeting quest already its been weeks

8 Likes