PTR talent issues

I have been extensively testing PTR abilities and I have list of issues that I really haven’t seen anyone talk about yet. My testing has been with the survival spec, this is not a complete list.

Class Tree:
Latent poison injectors

• Raptor strike and Mongoose Bite do not consume the stack and deal the damage.

Arctic Bola

• Damage is too low for PVE and the utility is too unpredictable for PVP. Dead talent
  • I did ~ 10 test cycles and the damage was >1%. Other talents like serpent sting and master marksman contribute 3%-5%.
    Survival:

Kill shot weapon requirements

• BM and MM require a ranged weapon for Kill shot. Survival requires a 2 handed weapon. This stops kill shot from being fired with a ranged weapon equip is survival spec.
  • This limits “ranger” based builds.

2 handed weapon requirements

• Hunter melee attacks require a 2 handed weapon instead of just a melee weapon. Hunters have the ability to use one handed weapons but there need was removed in mop. Legion reintroduced melee survival round the artefact weapon and the abilities where set to “2 hand weapon” at that point. Survival hunters CAN currently equip one handed weapons but they do not work with any weapon.

Terms of engagement

• This talent should do the following: Harpoon has a 10 sec reduced cooldown, and deals (50% of Attack power) Physical damage and generates 20 Focus over 10 sec. Killing an enemy resets the cooldown of Harpoon.
  • If Harpoon is the ability that kills the target, Harpoon is not reset.

Wildfire infusion

• Pheromone bomb does not reset the cooldown of Kill Command as described.

Spearhead

• The ability has a 50 yard range, while the longest gap closer in the game is great, I think this is unintentional.
  • You can still cast this ability further than 50 yards from the target but it just apply the buff and doesn’t work as a gap closer. This makes it difficult to use, here is an example:
    You approach the boss and want to get maximum damage uptime, you start spamming this ability to close the gap and start a Mongoose bit combo. You press it at 51 yards in stead of 50 and have to manually move closer to the boss before taking advantage of this ability. You will loose maybe 3 seconds of effect on the duration.
  • The ability has no animation, activation art or buff effect on the player and pet. It makes it hard to track .
  • This ability’s buff to Raptor/ Mongoose does less damage than the GCD cost becasue the periodic damage caused by this does not stack.
  • Kill command reset part of this ability will never be used as you can cast 5 raptor strikes in a row before running out of focus. This ability would, maybe, be up for one kill command cast.

BM:
Dire Beast damage
My abilities on the PTR do about 5000 - 9000 damage per GCD. Dire beast does 665 damage. In needs a 1000% damage boost to be remotely close to a viable talent. There is a lot of talents that buff this, it seem to have been thought about, but in it’s current state no one will pick it.

To add, why is Improved Kill Shot a talent? It’s basically mandatory, right? Who isn’t taking that? Also, what does the 2nd point in Posthaste do?

Yeah 2nd point in Posthaste does not have any change to the text in the class tree.

Same issue with Stomp in the BM tree.

1 Like