PTR PVP gearing changes: Swing and a miss

I’m not saying he’s hacking the game with a game genie kind of cheating, I’m saying the weapon he started off with because of Blizzard’s crappy pvp itemization gave him an unfair advantage over other DPSers who didn’t have it in the DPS department in the RWF

i never claimed you said he was hacking, im asking how pvping to get a big item is cheating.

2 Likes

I explained it… weapon ilvl is by far the biggest source of DPS boost for melees.

Starting a prog race with weapons you won’t ever need to upgrade for the rest of the season because it’s better than Mythic Sire Danny weapons shouldn’t be a thing.

is cheating.
got it :crazy_face: :+1:

4 Likes

You’re so caught up on the semantics of the word ‘cheating’ that you are unable to understand the big picture.

Would you rather I have called it “unfair advantage”? Let’s change it to that then so I don’t trigger you any more.

4 Likes

I’m glad PvP gearing staying good, I ain’t quitting. First leaks made me scared where PvP gear was trash.

Btw instead of complaining about boosting, learn from them and get close to their levels. It is a great opportunity for getting good.

Here is the explanation ;

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/pvp-item-levels-in-chains-of-domination/937788

And bring back honor buddy botting alts. Yay!

1 Like

Remember the first iteration of PvP Vendors and how feedback got them to change stuff.

“I quit” because of TEST realm server changes is pretty backwards innit?

I mean I’m not gonna do Stoopz level of spreading the good gospel but kneejerks to the first day of the PTR are equally as lazy

Figured they’d drop the ball as they usually do. Just put the damn WoD system back in place, it’s not that hard. God this game is so awful lmao.

2 Likes

Is it considered knee jerk when you give us wod gearing for 3 expansions and they just address PvE gearing problems? Lol

1 Like

While it will cut down pve boostees, it won’t cutdown pvp boostees. My main issue with it though is that (as you said) alts are going to have a really bad time if you don’t take the care to get a moderately decent rating at the beginning of the xpac and consistently weekly conq/honor cap for chest

edit and imo pve boosters are not even a problem rn (and pvp boosters)

It’s not even an unfair advantage, since any of the competing dps from other guilds were similarly geared and could have just ground out 2400 before Mythic release, not Trill’s fault that he plays both forms of content, and that Blizz doesn’t know how to balance PvE/PvP gear separately from each other properly.

This is a good change, thank you Blizzard, it makes PVP gear actually good in PVP.

This is pretty bad if it stays like this.

We will go back to climb rating ASAP and sit for gear upgrade all while screwing our alts later in the season again…

Also I won’t touch arénas that season and just stay solely RBGS as time invested is not worth it as I’ve learned hard way this season and gearing.

That or finally chase my FPS dream and go own noobs in the next Call of Duty and finally learn that cool kid lingo. It’s gonna be bussin bussin.

1 Like

Hopefully they will change it so ilvl is not gated by rating too. I’m all for xmog/mounts/titles being gated by rating.

Even having gear locked behind rating could work if gear disparity was kept in check. Think of a scaling system that has some diminishing returns on item level (while in pvp only) that tightens the gaps while still allowing for progression.

There are so many simple fixes to this problem. Blizzard devs are just out of touch and incompetent.

1 Like

You are right. Blizzard is out of touch. They did not realize that when players asked for meaningful/ deterministic gear, players actually meant afk/ honor buddy bot ashran for a weekend, to bis on their fotm rerolls.

1 Like

Way to ignore the entirety of my post. You are a champ.

But to your point. The game grows stale playing the same thing for months. Having alts helps prolong the game for people. If the grind is too bad to bother with for alts then it doesn’t leave a lot of options.

3 Likes

I know you’re trolling but please stop.

Anyways, they should just make it a single ilevel in pvp.

What is wrong with copy pasting wods gearing system?

9 Likes

MuH RpG11111. I swear Blizzard listens to the most moronic people.

9 Likes