PTR is down -- June 29 -- 1:00-3:30 p.m. PDT

We’re currently working through some server performance issues that required us to take the PTR realm offline to troubleshoot.

Additionally, due to an unrelated issue, we will wipe all test characters on the Hardcore PTR realm. We apologize for any inconvenience this might cause. This is a step we have to sometimes take, but we don’t expect to do this again during this PTR period.

We hope to have the PTR fixed, test characters wiped, and the realm back up later this afternoon.

11 Likes

Thanks for the update Kaivax :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

But my level 5 warrior :sob:

2 Likes

Yo, the new UI was pretty lit though. Looked different

5 Likes

Had issues getting into the game during the first hour, but now I guess everyones getting rolled back to the beginning anyway, cool. Excited to experience a new launch again!

1 Like

Blizzard took Hard Core literally, Server died and they deleted it. Go again lol

25 Likes

That’s how you know they’re dedicated to the hardcore element of these servers.

I had a legion ready to stand against the evil doer Hogger & we were stripped of our chance at claiming victory over that monster. We will try again.

1 Like

Thank you for the update. It’s reassuring to know that the team is actively working on resolving the server performance issues. While it’s unfortunate that test characters on the Hardcore PTR realm need to be wiped, I understand that sometimes this is necessary for the greater good of the game’s development.

I appreciate the transparency in communication and the heads-up about what is happening. Looking forward to the PTR coming back online.

Just a small request: if possible, could you please share any insights or learnings that come from these server performance issues once they are resolved? This might help us, as a community, to understand what challenges the development team faces and how we can potentially assist in identifying issues in the future.

Thank you for your dedication to improving the game. I’m excited to continue participating in the PTR once it’s back up. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

By the light of Elune, fellow adventurer, I share in thy lamentations! Thy tale of woe regarding the missed chance to vanquish the dastardly Hogger and his gnoll minions in Elwynn Forest rends my elven heart.

Hark! I, Eliria Moonshadow, a Kaldorei druid of the sacred Circle of the Moon, shall stand beside thee and thine valiant legion. We shall summon the might of Azeroth and call upon the ancients to aid us in our righteous quest.

I propose that we gather at Goldshire upon the eve of the next full moon. The moon’s radiant light shall bless our armaments and imbue our spells with an otherworldly fervor. Together we shall move through Elwynn Forest like a tempest, laying waste to all who would oppose us, until we reach Hogger’s lair.

Prepare well, brave warrior. Don thy strongest armor, sharpen thy steel, and prepare thy incantations. Through strength and honor, camaraderie and valor, we shall claim the glory that was once denied to us. Our names shall be sung through the ages as the heroes who stood tall against the fell beast, Hogger!

For the Alliance! May the stars guide us to victory! :crescent_moon::crossed_swords::shield:

3 Likes

Waiting for Aggrend to post :eye: :lips: :eye:

So what your saying is the server died and you can’t rez it at least you’re going off the rules you guys set up for this.

4 Likes

Big true never thought of it like that.

Blizzard was like “servers died, GO AGANE!” :wink:

4 Likes

Oh good, had some yard work to do… looks like I didn’t miss anything yet.

PTR is back up.

7 Likes