PTR Feral Druids and Rebirth

Wait for the full patch notes dude, I’m sure this is just an early version. It even says it on the top.

Not to sound like a looping record or anything but…

If we don’t complain about it now it’ll just go through. I suspect that even if we do it might just fall on deaf ears anyways, as is the way of the feral druid beat down going on this expansion.

2 Likes

I agree, I’m just saying there is no need to panic.

For DKs and warlocks, just out of curiosity, do you instant cast your brez?

no they do not but ferals can’t either unless they are lucky. if they aren’t they used to have to shape shift and die to rez someone.

(whispers) : I… I… exist…

‘Blizzard is alerted immediately’

‘sound of a cat being put in a pet carrier and taken away’ :scream_cat:

2 Likes

DKs can insta-cast their BRez, but it costs resources.

Warlocks have a cast time on their BRez, but they can put it on the idiot most likely to die before a fight.

Did you compare what feral has in cat form to what guardian has in bear form?

they might of done it for a reason, WHO KNOWS, just sayin :D.

There’s nothing wrong with screaming about :cow2::poop: early. Sometimes that junk makes it live.

2 Likes

/raises hand :hand:

A voice much like Ion’s is heard saying “HOW MANY TIMES HAVE WE TOLD YOU NOT TO!!!”
A chainsaw is heard being started…

1 Like

I’m sure they did it for a reason.

And the reason was that they didn’t want upcoming Guardian changes to result in an improvement overall of Druids. They had nothing to take away from Guardians, since they were so bad already. So they had to take away something from a different spec, and feral was the sacrificial lamb.

2 Likes

yea, but it’s not like feral’s in a good spot either.

Absolutely not. But it seems like they’ve hated ferals for quite a while.

That might be a good argument, but given Blizz’s track record regarding PTR notes since Warlords launched, my guess is that the actual official patch notes aren’t going to be released until 3-4 days before the patch goes live, at the earliest.

2 Likes

assuming it’s not an oversight, how is it not a big deal?

1 Like

Patch notes are never complete. Even after release players continue to find undocumented changes.

2 Likes

Because its still a casted ability. You need to stop what you are doing to pick someone up. So its only one wasted GCD to go back into cat after the cast.

The 8.2 class changes show that blizzard wanted to keep it that way. Though they are giving bear druids the ability to use all their utility as well as rebirth in bear.

Edit: PTR is out and feral druids are the only druid spec that gets kicked out of their unique spec form to cast rebirth. Please add in concerns at this PTR forum link:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/official-ptr-feral-druid-rebirth-discussion/153259

1 Like

Good luck, Liger :slightly_frowning_face:

This change is crap.