PTR datamining continues!

Vexiona isn’t a Twilight Drake but a Twilight Dragon! I’ve seen the screenshots on MMO Champion(https://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2019/april/magniessencequest49.jpg).

Also she isn’t merely a Twilight Dragon but one that with Ultraxion’s model so she is clearly the leader of the Twilight Dragonflight at the moment.

Good things happen to dragons all the time. Last xpac I killed a bunch of em, thats pretty good.

3 Likes

Actually, looking at the full thing on MMOC this questline doesn’t bother me too much except the stuff about the green dragons. I’m super sour about them, but they have a whole other thread for me to complain in.

3 Likes

Eh I don’t really care for New Thrall that much.

I appreciate that 1) he has his hair again, 2) it doesn’t have too much volume, and 3) it doesn’t have the STUPID TOPKNOT.

And the wardrobe is fair enough. Like others have said, he’s no longer the World Shaman, and he’s no longer the Warchief of the Horde, he’s just a dude with a family. Looking at it though, I’m kind of worried if Snowsong is still alive…

But just the very fact of it going back to using a player orc base means that I won’t be a fan. There’s no doubt that it’ll be using the upright posture, and that’s better than nothing, but now that we have the upright posture, it’s just that much more clear that the player orc geometry is fundamentally flawed IMO.

It seems Twilight Dragons can be created by straight up Void Corruption now… Deathwing needed to breed them yet the new Twilight Dragon leader can simply Void Corrupt the Dragonflights now that they don’t have the Aspect Blessings!

Guess Twilight Dragons are just Void Dragons… We have Dream/Green Dragons, Life/Red Dragons, Frost/Blue Dragons, Arcane/Rune Dragons, Time/Bronze Dragons, Magma/Black Dragons, Nightmare Dragons, Spellshadow/Nether Dragons, Storm Dragons/Thorignir, Fel Dragons/Fel Thorignir and Void/Shadow/Twilight Dragons.

Where are the Pure Fire Dragons and Pure Water Dragons?

1 Like

I am going to bed, feel free to add any potential new link in the OP

1 Like

https://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2019/april/oilelemental.jpg

They’ve finally gotten down to giving the Oil Elemental Boss a Model!?!

https://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2019/april/greenelemental.jpg

Sea Elemental Boss has come! The Freshwater Elemental bosses were boring to say the least.

https://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2019/april/mutCrab.jpg

What sort of Magic has corrupted this crab!?!

Judging by the name, nuclear radiation. But that’s just the fallout fan in me talking.

But these crabs are called mutated as well: https://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2019/april/mutCrabVars.jpg

They don’t have that same mysterious corruption.

UHHH EXCUSE ME? RA-DEN? wat?

media.mmo-champion .com/images/news/2019/april/agedwarrior.jpg

1 Like

Well he did just kind of walk off after saying he didn’t think we could correct our doomed course. Maybe he’s just back to smack us in the back of the head for making it worse by helping the most transparently obvious villain we’ve worked with since Gorefiend.

1 Like

Well I mean, now that I think about it, it does make sense for him to make an appearance in the X.2 patch of this MoP rehash…

4 Likes

This is like the third time Ra-den has had a healed model show up in datamining. I honestly wonder if we’ll even actually see him since the last two times this model appeared we didn’t.

I think they were 7.0 and 7.3.5, by the way.

I thought the fixed up model appeared in the Elemental Artefact quest in Legion? Or am I misremembering?

youtu. be/T__Joc8G3N8?t=565

Actually no. Still covered in WOONS.

Simca over on mmochampion just foudn this dialogue

Jaina: For all her lies, Priscilla Ashvane spoke one truth. The war between the Alliance and Horde has kept us distracted. Divided, we have no hope against N’Zoth.

Lor’Themar: We may have found common cause here in Nazjatar, but the battle still rages beyond these waters. So long as Sylvanas holds Orgrimmar, there can be no lasting peace.

Jaina: The war needs to end, Lor’themar. You know this to be true.

Lor’Themar: I had hoped that reason would prevail. But the time has come to finish this.

Lor’Themar: I will tell my people what transpired here. Of how Azshara fell because we stood together. Of the threat rising from the depths, and all that is at stake if we should fail.

Lor’Themar: Then I will take my place beside Saurfang and Thrall, and pray that the sin’dorei stand with me.

Edit: the female in this dialogue is assumed to be Jaina but not 100% confirmed. But the main message still stands. Lor’themar is joining team Saurfang officially. Darkspear rebllion 2.0!

8 Likes

Part of me kinda likes seeing the Lor’themar-Jaina relationship touched upon again. They reached one understanding at Isle of Thunder, and now a closer one here.

Really makes me wonder if this expansion is the end of Jaina’s hatred for the Horde. With her making peace with Thrall, Saurfang, Baine and Lor’themar, she’s actually on good terms with most of the Horde’s leaders. She also didn’t mind Ji if I recall.

One thing for sure, though, is that this really cripples Sylvanas’ position. Theron was one of the ones tagged as Sylvie’s supporters in the event of a civil war, but even he wants to oppose her.

1 Like

Oh, no. Ohhhhhh no. That can’t be real. It’s much too on-the-nose. That is actually MoP 2.0.

Please tell me that’s not real.

3 Likes

#factionpride!

1 Like

Hmm I saw one poster suggest that it’s Thalyssra that’s talking to Theron. Nothing in the dialog actually suggests faction for the female talker.

2 Likes