PTR datamining continues!

Saffy and Grizzek are the other two main members of your team on alliance side alongside Overspark. And ya Grizzek is in disguise and Overspark is convinced he has radiaton posioning from Gnomergan due to his green skin

Well, at the very least I saw his nameplate walking around lol! Though, that’s pretty neat. I’m genuinely pretty excited for this zone.

Hmm … gotta love that. God I hate Gallywix, truly I do. When you have most of the high profile Goblins of talent in this game either hate him and are part of other factions due to that (neutral or Alliance), or hate him and just know how to profit off his idiocy (Mida and Gazlowe) … I pray for the day that fat tub of lard gets kicked out of his position. Maybe Gazlowe heading up this zone is a positive sign for the direction of my favorite PC race (Mida did get at least a bit part recently as well).

However, doesn’t seem like we know who the Horde team is comprised of; but I would probably guess its just Gazlowe’s Greasemonkeys; which is kind of a bummer. Its not that I don’t like his little squad, but it would be nice to have bigger HORDE Goblin names developed a bit in this zone.

2 Likes

Well Gazlowe is Steamwheedle, not Bilgewater. So it makes sense he would have hid own guys.

And ya Im pretty sure its tge Greasr Monkeys. The two main ones (the saffy and grzzirk counterparts) were a female gobbo and a hobgoblin with a hamner

I genuinely don’t think Blizzard remembers this given how he’s being treated this expansion, especially this patch. He feels slapped on just because of his race like Garona and Lilian were.

Should have been Sassy.

2 Likes

Sassy who? You mean the character that really should have been built up as our racial leader instead of Mr “I enslaved the survivors of a disaster I’m partially responsible for causing, after I forced them to pay their life savings to get on my boat”, but instead she got shuffled off to Booty Bay as a minor quest giver? Hell, Mida is given more love (and she’s a fan made character).

Also, honestly, Gazlowe has always had far stronger connections to the Horde than the Alliance. To some degree he could be considered a founding member of the Horde (even if he decided he’d rather run the neutral port town of Ratchet than fully commit). Guy has been involved in major Horde moments a surprising amount over the years.

6 Likes

While i do love gallywix as a character, it is pretty obvious he shouldnt have been kept trade prince after the goblin starting zone, but hey, blizzard gives less craps about goblins then i do about draenei.

Anyway, Gazlowe has always been a horde character, he likes the horde but do to his allegiance to the steamwheedle he is never allowed to actually join the horde (Though the steamwheedle does have a bias towards the horde as well, they just know that acting on it will lose alliance business).

3 Likes

Of course Gazlowe has always liked the Horde, but he still isn’t Horde. He had a quest in Cata talking about how remaining neutral is in his best interests because it means he can get money from both sides. Then along comes BfA and he’s acting like he’s part of the Bilgewater Cartel.

I just really would rather see an actual Horde goblin be their big character outside Gallywix. There are several to choose from, they just need to actually be used.

3 Likes

Pretty much boils down to this. The Bilgewater Cartel is a business. Due to this, Gobs of the Horde ride this strange line right now where they are the only race that’s not sworn in through an Oath to the Warchief as far as I’m aware. As a result, its cost, care for employees, and competence that one should prioritize when dealing with a Trade Prince (or the equivalent of another Cartel).

Gallywix is incompetent; is probably responsible for far more Goblin deaths than the friggen Alliance by now; and due to his need to HEAVILY skim off the top … his work is shoddy and is a downright hindrance to his own race and the Faction. He’s also NOT opposed to profiting off the Alliance (just, right now, he’s profiting off of their deaths … he’s a MASSIVE War Profiteer).

Gazlowe in contrast will still work with the Alliance (though he does charge a huge markup), but he’s always had close connections to the Horde. He’s expensive, but he does high quality work; actually gives some craps about his people; and he does have loyalty (to a degree perceived as reasonable for a Goblin). Boss Mida of the Bilgewater is the equivalent of Gazlowe atm.

Honestly, with the Table Missions implying that the Steamwheedle is HEAVILY supplying the Horde war effort under the table right now (not just Gazlowe), Blizz may as well pull the bandaid off and have them officially join the Horde after BfA. Have Mida take over the Bilgewater, have Gazlowe represent the Steamweedle, have them do an old fashion business merger between the two.

Or … at least that would be MY ideal outcome for Gobs going forward. I’d love to see us build a Iron Railway line from Azshara/Org to Ratchet in the South.

5 Likes

I wish for you that one day we will have a true Goblin storyline (like we are finally getting a Gnome one) and a change of leader ! It is so sad to be a comic relief race with no actual development because your leader is just a clown with no reedemable qualities as a leader.

1 Like

Mechagnomes don’t even have pink hair. What kind of blasphemy is this?

5 Likes

They’re made for playing, not punting. That’s why.

Maybe they will add it if they are playable.

1 Like

I’m now imagining several Horde races breaking their toes, trying to punt the solid l’il chunks of metal. (Except Tauren, of course)

With the full comedic sound effect of hitting something metal from 50s cartoons. To go with the females 50s hairstyles.

Pink hair is the most Gnomish of Gnome things. Excluding entirely is like making Draenei without blue skin tones, or Dwarves without beards. I hope it gets added in.

4 Likes

How should I tell you … LF haven’t.

But yeah I see your point, at this point I really wish that Blizzard would add a lot more customization option to every race at least a lot more hair/eye/skin colors, it is stupid to be able to dye our hair but only in 3-5 colors and it seems really easy to implement.

1 Like

I know. But they’re Light infused. Literal white knights. Mechagnomes are just regular Gnomes, with added prosthetics.

Night Elf DHs get a shade of black, and male Night Elf DKs get a shade of light purple that I really want on regular Night Elves.

4 Likes

I don’t see why NIGHT elves can’t have black hair, and yeah I also like the pink DK hair dor female.
How much I dream for a color wheel but this will never happen because of the old engine :cry:

2 Likes

Thing about Sylvannas…In the Horde cinematic that introduces Azerite, She’s the only Horde leader who can see past his apparent foppishness to recognise the fact that he is giving her important information. She’s the one Horde leader who actually treats him with respect.

1 Like

Yes, but it doesn’t make him more worthy of being the leader of the Goblins. Imagine being a Goblin fan and not being able to look up to your leader because you know that he wanted to make you one of his slaves.

His only qualities are the same that all other Goblin character so he is really worthless.

I will concede that he is quite a funny character though.

1 Like

Do you know how many pirates I killed to get exalted it with Ratchet (and stay exalted with the Bloodsail)? You have your own Goblins! Don’t steal my Goblins!

2 Likes