PTR datamining continues!

If the revelations of the Sunreavers and Lorthemar’s text in the “Release Bain” mission about “walking away” is giving us any indications as to the direction of this expansion’s morality play, then Tyrande and perhaps Malfurion might not be coming out of this expansion looking too good. Assuming Blizz, Elune forbid, doesn’t simply kill them off to make a point about revenge and all that.

Well, knowing the Alliance they will just be a bit vengeful and then be lectured by Anduin about forgiveness and everyone will be okay and holding hands !

Tyrande and Malfurion also seem concious that the problem is Sylvanas so it will depend of her fate.

1 Like

Kill them and Elune off in all likelihood. Remember N’Zoth says:

The fall of night reveals her true face. She will show you the way.

The fall of night reveals her true face. She will bring only ruin.

Add these to Sylvanas’s eyes darkening when she gets Xal’atath, Ysera’s disappearance & implied transformation into Vexiona and and it seems obvious that Elune is the Main Villain and a Void Lord.

Tyrande (rightfully) believes Saurfang to be equally accountable, though.

1 Like

Yeah that’s the only issue, but maybe after learning that it didn’t want to burn Teldrassil (she still believe this I think) and after the war and its help to overthrow Sylvanas (maybe he will even die for the Horde/World ?) this would be less a problem
But I am 100% supporting her if she decides to just kill him at first sight.

2 Likes

love their amors !

2 Likes

I been a Belf player since BC. I feel sick to my stomach, even having to explain any of it. So, if you don’t mind- I am going to disappear for while. :wave:

They’re underwater only :confused: As a Druid, I kinda already have that built-in.

Yeah me too, and I already have some underwater mounts even though they are not as beautiful.

Maybe they could make them hover on land like the worms mount.

The Sunreaver Magister Hathorel claims that Sunreavers whose betrayal triggered the purge were betraying Dalaran on behalf of their legal Warchief as he himself does now…

Magister Hathorel: Ah. Right on schedule as Sylvanas knew you would be.
We do not wish to end any more lives. Let us take Baine and go.
Magister Hathorel: No, Traitor. Lady Proudmoore. Do you remember me?
Magister Hathorel: I am Magister Hathorel, one of the many innocent Sunreaver mages you sicced your Silver Covenant dogs upon.
There was more violence than I had wished, but it was the Sunreavers who betrayed us, first.
Magister Hathorel: A few who were following the orders of their lawful Warchief. As I do now.
I will hold the barrier. Kill them!

Apparently Garrosh’s loyalists among the Blood Elves weren’t dealt with at all(probably because Garrosh never saw fit to call them to Orgrimmar) and switched sides to Sylvanas for some reason.

How did Sylvanas convince Garrosh’s loyalists to serve her? How many blatant lies did she sell them?

1 Like

Right there in the quote they say they are loyal to the position of Warchief, not to Garrosh or Sylvanas, those just happen to be two people who were lawfully appointed as Warchief. This isn’t some big mystery, the very line you highlighted explains this.

10 Likes

Apparently if Restro shamans use their artefact against Azshara at some point, she has unique dialog, stating how dare you use my weapon against me.

I believe there’s an exchange where Shandris and Tyrande talk to one another, with Shandris trying to get Tyrande to rest after all the fighting in Darkshore, but Tyrande refusing to.

She actually says her sparing Saurfang led to Teldrassil burning, which isn’t true. Teldrassil would’ve burned even if she killed him there.

Hey, for what it’s worth, our discussion may have been moot. A poster on MMO says it’s Queen Azshara who calls the ritual a forbidden one, not Thalyssra.

1 Like

Ah, good. Our guests have arrived.
Behold the wonders of Nazjatar. The finest sight your eyes will ever behold… and the last.
Please, do stay. Explore all the comforts my kingdom has to offer.

Exploring my kingdom, I see. I almost envy you… beholding such grandeur for the first time must be inspiring indeed.

Do you think you take a single footstep in the heart of my empire without my knowledge? You only exist here because I allow it to be, guests to the palace. Do not keep me waiting.

This is my realm, child. Not so much as a single spell can be cast in Nazjatar without my knowledge.

Azshara: What have we here? Bitter rivals standing united around my Tidestone. I really do possess a gift for bringing my subjects together.

Azshara: I know who you are, rude little Thalyssra. You presume to refer to yourself as “First Arcanist”? How… ambitious.

Thalyssra: Stay vigilant, champions! Azshara conceals schemes within schemes. She wants something…
Azshara: You’ve only just come to this realization? “First Arcanist” indeed!

I should be cross over your brutal attacks upon my underlings, but… I must admit, you provide splendid entertainment.

Gaze upon my beauty, and despair!

Man… I love Azshara.

19 Likes

The queen of the Elves is the queen of sass how fitting !

14 Likes

Whoa, you’re reading a lot into those lines. He’s not saying that they are Garrosh loyalists, he’s saying that they are following the same principle.

5 Likes

Please by every deity in WoW, let there be an expac where anti hero Azshara is like, filling the Khadgar role and just talking like this the entire time.

18 Likes

So uh… This whole “Hatchery” boss fight doesn’t involve us hurting any of the naga guppies right? We just rescue the little guys from Old God kindergarten…right? :worried:

3 Likes

I want to side with Azshara. Please?

9 Likes

jesus, calm down Galadriel

5 Likes

I like how, if the raid wipes against Azshara, she has a callback to the lines where N’zoth called us worthy and stuff:

He was wrong. You have proven yourselves unworthy.

Occuleth is also there. Amusing as ever. It really is too bad he’s on Team Genocide, now.

Perhaps when this is done I shall visit Zin-Azshari. I used to have a workshop over there, back before… you know.
Oculeth makes a vague gesture.
…Everything.

So, Thalyssra used to have an apprentice named Sivara, whose ghost she looks for in the Horde equivalent of Shandris’ quest. Somewhere in the jumble of lines on Wowhead for the quest, this pops up:

Sivara, my love! We should have fled this city together!

Now, the ghost of Sivara’s sibling is also there. But “my love” would be a… strange thing to call her, by them. I really don’t want to ressurect the gay NPC thread, though…

6 Likes