PTR Bug Report Update

(Talbyy) #21

There is no seperate troubleshooting option for the PTR just follow the steps normally in the troubleshoot guide. The link offers either a better explanation or one that is likely to be identical to what you would get from a forum post.

You don’t need to do anything with your WoW folders just the Battle.net desktop app. If you don’t have a shortcut on your desktop it’ll be in your primary drive under an address similar to C:\Program Files (x86)\Blizzard App

(Virden) #22

But I don’t even know how to find the cache and WoW tech support copped out on helping me in a phone call. They said they couldn’t help with PTR? Its sad that a stranger on the forums is more willing to help than the customer service that even says in the error 134 to contact them if the solutions aren’t working…so thanks for the help.

(Talbyy) #23

If they can help they will but generally they don’t handle much with the PTR since it can be so volatile at times. Have you posted in the support forums?

I can answer questions about the game but Tech isn’t really my strong point.

(Virden) #24

I have and no one has responded. I read in the past that deleting a cache could help but I’m unsure how to do this and which one to delete.

Here are some steps to how to delete your PTR cache folder:

1. Open the BattleNet Launcher (The same app you use to launch World of Warcraft)
  2. Make sure “PTR: World of Warcraft” is set as your “Region/Account” but do NOT push the Play button yet.
  3. Click the gear “Options” button located at the top left of the BattleNet Launcher (Just below the big World of Warcraft logo).
  4. Select the “Show in Explorer” option from the dropdown list
  5. This will open your Windows file explorer. From there open the “World of Warcraft Public Test” Folder
  6. In that folder, open the “ ptr ” folder.
  7. In that folder, select and delete the “Cache” folder, the “Interface” folder, and the “WTF” folder. (All of these folders should be recreated automatically the next time you launch the PTR client.

And that is it, you’ve now “Deleted your PTR cache” Hope that helps. GL & HF, Virden!