PSA: Primal Gear works in Mage Tower

And so does the ring.

So either I am bad at some specs, which is very quite possible, but I was in struggle street in the twins challenge, tried as balance, frost and shadow, until I sent my hunter over with primal gear and beat it quite easily.

But I am now done, got a new mount.

The only tip I can give you that all the guides don’t already tell you, choose a spec you are good at, don’t go holy paladin because people say it’s the strongest, take what you can play and enjoy.

2 Likes

Nerf incoming

5 Likes

*easiest.

Also, this is probably the last place you should have mentioned something like this lol

Not even easiest, if you can’t play a certain spec it, unless it’s arms warrior faceroll easy, there is no point doing it. I am THAT bad at hpal that I couldn’t even get past P1 regularly, but resto druid, 14 attempts total.

hmm… I wonder if that’s intended, or merely an oversight. I’m guessing oversight.

Honestly, I’ve always found Resto Druid to be the easiest at that particular challenge. But maybe it’s just me.

No I think it’s personal preference. Someone told me do the twins as shadow, but I found MM to be much easier as you can macro concussive shot to a focus macro and infinitely kite that guy around all day without ever taking your eyes of what is happening.

Just depends on how you play the game and how good you are at each spec.

1 Like

Nah. Back in Legion, Feral Druid was objectively the best spec to do the Imp one because Brutal Slash was absolutely broken. Ditto with Prot Warrior and Spell Reflect / healing legendary bracers. While yes, your familiarity will obviously matter, some specs simply have an easier time with their respective challenge.

1 Like

Now it’s arms turn to be a joke ‘challenge’.

But with things changing over the years and the challenges no longer being micro balanced for the expansion, you have to just find the right combination of class, spec and how the classes are balanced here and now that works for you.

Definitely a factor. I tried twins as frost mage at first bc it was supposedly the easiest, and had a terrible time bc I’m not great at frost. Switched to mm hunter and got it in ~12 attempts.

Same with the healing challenge. Completed on my rsham, which was supposedly the hardest, but I’m more comfortable playing rsham than most other healers.

1 Like

I tried frost because I figured Blizzard and Frozen Orb would keep all the enemies either dead or stop them over running me, but they didn’t die fast and I had imps spawning on either side making it quite hard.

Although it’s fun having 3-4 frozen orbs up, too bad orbs and blizzard are garbage and do no damage.

The fact idol of cthun’s tentacle is tuned as an NPC and not a player in timewalking makes the shadow one very easy. With some good RNG you get 3 tentacle procs on raest and they almost solo him.

That’s assuming you can keep the other dude away from you for long enough, which is why I found MM easier, macro a cioncussive shot to hit that dude and I can keep him alive for the whole of the last phase.

Plus being able to use all but one spell while moving (and even than aimed shot procs a free instant cast), itmeant I could position myself better and when the last phase hit I only had some 40% left, plus I was able to kill the hands faster given I didn’t have to stop and prop or manage my CD’s and buffs and all that, just run around in circles pressing buttons.

Ppl are still doing this ? :crazy_face:

Why wouldn’t they be?

According to Data for Azeroth that tracks all stuff across all active accounts, not sure what they classify as active, there is a total of 1% of all active accounts who have this mount.

1 Like

Now that I’ve got a couple of toons to max level I was considering going in and trying it… I only ever did the rogue artifact skin challenge way back when. And the armor sets are swank.

There is lot of stuff that only 1 % of the ppl have like my wyrmling pet. :rofl:

Not sure how is rarity related ?

Did I hear someone say Thunderfury ? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

They can feel special :muscle:

Rarity is directly correlated to things like MT, because it takes someone to do the content to get the reward, not like pets that you can buy from the AH.

And since only 1% of the current playing base have the mount, that’s a LOT of players who have not yet done MT.