PSA - New Macro Conditional: known

Need to test if it works with passive talents.
[added]
It appears to.

With spell ids up to 6 digits now you’re looking at 13 characters for a single test, up from 11 with the old system; that’s a lot of space in a 255 char macro. Hopefully they add a single char alias, my personal preference would be ?.

2 Likes

That or increase the size of macros allowed in the macro UI to something larger. Either would work, but this is progress.

/cast [known:Rake]Rake;Moonfire

This is working on the PTR, but not live. Anything wrong here? Or just a bug.

Won’t be on Live till P2, next week.

1 Like

Have you been able to have any luck with Known and Multiple Druid Forms?

#showtooltip
/use [known:Swiftmend,noform] Swiftmend; Regrowth; [form:1] Maul; [form:2] Ferocious Bite; [form:4] Starsurge

This one gets stuck on Regrowth. When I take Regrowth out it works fine with every form and noform is just the Red ? when I do not have Swiftmend talented. I have tried the

[noform,known:Swiftmend]

as well.

I just threw Regrowth as a placeholder for when I don’t have Swiftmend talented.

Noknown fixed it.

#showtooltip
/use [known:Swiftmend, noform] Swiftmend; [noknown: Swiftmend, noform] Regrowth; [form:1] Maul; [form:2] Ferocious Bite; [form:4] Starsurge

#showtooltip
/use [form:1] Maul; [form:2] Ferocious Bite; [form:4] Starsurge; [known:Swiftmend] Swiftmend; Regrowth
1 Like

I found out today you can use this with gear as well.

#showtooltip
/cast Double Tap
/cast [Known:383781] Algeth'ar Puzzle Box
1 Like

Trying to make a macro that lets me use the same button for PVP depending on whether I have counterstrike totem or grounding totem learned and it simply doesn’t work…

any help?

#showtooltip
/cast [known:Counterstrike Totem(PvP Talent)] Counterstrike Totem(PvP Talent); [known:Grounding Totem(PvP Talent)]; Grounding Totem(PvP Talent)

nvm I figured it out…

#showtooltip
/cast [known:Counterstrike Totem] Counterstrike Totem(PvP Talent); Grounding Totem

“known” also seems to make pvp talents you have selected to be “only known” in pvp and “not known” in pve situations. Major improvement over the old pvptalent condition.

2 Likes

This would be great if it could be added to the SoD servers… with the new runes, we could really use some [known:] conditionals…

Just use these

I’m trying to do a Mass Invis/Mass Barrier with Great Invis macro on my mage and none of my attempts are working. Can anyone assist?

#showtooltip
/cast [mod:shift] [known: Mass Barrier] Mass Barrier; Mass Invisibility
/cast Great Invisibility

Whenever I try something along that lines, the Great Invisibility spell won’t work.

Multiple problems.

• It is greater invisibility, not great invisibility
  • Pretty sure all 3 of those spells are on gcd, so without conditionals to cause it to skip the first line, it will never move on to greater invisibility.
  • Your conditionals are seperate meaning there are 2 ways to cast mass barrier: either by holding shift, or by knowing mass barrier.

As Elvenbane would put it

[this, and this]
[this] [or this]
1 Like

Great invis was a typo but any idea how to fix the rest?

I tried

#showtooltip
/cast [mod:shift] [known: Mass Barrier] [known: Mass Invisibility] Mass Barrier; Mass Invisibility
/cast Greater Invisibility

That doesn’t work either. Not sure how to fix it. I’ve tried multiple attempts but can’t seem to get it to work.

I don’t know what you’re looking to achieve with the mod:shift, or the general conditions that you want your spells to go off

Mass Barrier and Mass Invis are on the same choice node in the mage talent system. When I hit shift, I want it to cast either Mass Invis or Mass Barrier (depending on which one I currently have talented); otherwise, I want it to cast Greater Invisibility.

#showtooltip
/cast [mod:shift, known: Mass Barrier] Mass Barrier; [mod:shift, known: Mass Invisibility] Mass Invisibility; Greater Invisibility

Thanks! I’ll give that a try when I get home. I appreciate the assistance :slight_smile: