PSA: Gobliteration and mostly hilarious BFA Flight Risk Warning

Public Service Announcement

Caution:
Now that BFA Pathfinder part 2 is available, if you happen to be flying over the zone above Gobliteration it will dismount you and immediately place you in the ‘Stabilized Magma Elemental’ which just so happens to not have protection from falls. If you are above a survivable altitude you will near-instantly be plummeted to your untimely demise. For the insult to injury factor you will crater directly at the Alliance flight path and quest hub nearby and not where you land. So extra fun chuckles on this one!

I have to admit that I did laugh at the ridiculousness of this unintended consequence of auto-accepting world quests which instantly place you in vehicles. And, even though 70 gold worth of repairs later and a bit of half-annoyance half-amusement about 5 seconds later all was well in the end. It is hard to stay grumpy when you can roll a fire elemental over a beach full of silly goblins. Ha.

All in all 10/10 would plummet to demise again. Regardless, I do hope that Blizzard fixes the annoyance by, perhaps, either granting the vehicle no fall damage or by some other mechanism.

Where is this even at?

Side note: I also happen to have a Goblin mage, ha.

This alliance-only world quest is located near the main alliance quest hub in Zuldazar. The quest is at approximately /way 37.5 81.5 in that zone. Basically the southwest corner of the zone.

…Public Service Annoucement?

Missing an N there, OP.

ah…ty.
:slight_smile:

D’oh! Good catch. Thanks!