PSA: Flawless Battlestone Quest Today

Beasts of Burden is currently up in Stormheim, and rewards a Marked Flawless Battle-Stone. Pet collectors might want to run all their 110+ toons through this today.

It’s a very easy battle if you use Iron Starlettes, and can be used for leveling pets.

~https://www.wow-petguide.com/index.php?Strategy=824

3 Likes

Just a note. If anyone wants to never worry about being able to upgrade a pet to a rare park any level alt next to a daily quest giver that gives the green satchel and log in for 2 minutes a day. It is really common to get these and the xp is really decent for an alt.

2 Likes

Good suggestion.
I’ve been doing that for many years now, and have a “pet stuff” alt who everything gets posted to for storage. She has piles of both yellow and blue upgrade stones for most pet families, despite me selling ~ 100 pets every month. The Katy’s Stampwhistle toy is invaluable for these alts, to send them buffs and let them post back their stones.

Also, camping tamers means getting maximum value from pet treats, as there’s no time wasted.

2 Likes

These stones are frequently offered in BFA zones and only cost 15 charms. Not much of a reason to park alts everywhere. I have used stones on 600 pets since BFA started without leaving BFA zones.

Each to their own.
Six of the tamers I camp drop specific pets - that’s not counting the more random drop one can get.
So by camping I level toons, level pets, get various types of loot and get a supply of pets to sell. Battle-stones are just a bonus.

Sadly you get neither character XP nor useful pet XP in BfA pet-battle quests.

1 Like

I suspect the drop rate of blue stones has been nerfed, if not eliminated altogether.

I’ve been using Pandaren tamers to level my new pets from Raiding With Leashes. Not a single blue stone came in the bags I won.

I had family specific battle-stones drop from Stone Cold Trixxie and the Karazhan tamer last week.

Of course that’s not proof they still drop from Pandaria tamers - or that Blizzard didn’t nerf them this week.

Thanks for pointing out that toy. I have had it all along and never realized what it could do. Guess I was so focused on the pet that I ignored it. Could really come in handy.

1 Like