PSA: Flagging is NOT the replacement for downvotes!

Well what do you know, the flagging is not there. I wonder if there is a threshhold?

Thanks friend! It appears I am TL3 also, but I can’t flag hidden text.

Yeah the one linked doesn’t show it either. I am 99% sure it has shown in the past so I don’t know if it is something they have recently changed or if there is a cap like after 100 reports, block any more reports.

Not that it matters of course, I am just curious now :stuck_out_tongue:

Or the option to flag hidden posts hasnt been there for a long time. Probably not too long after that locking thread debacle is what I am thinking.

Because hey… flagging a hidden thread was what caused those temp locks for 24 hours, right? Not those specifically, but before that.

They may have “fixed” it or it’s bugged or there’s a threshold. If it’s fixed, that’s a great thing and means that those who used to say they’d just flag it if it was hidden can’t do that anymore. Either way, bug or fixed, I call that a positive.

:hushed: So… you were wrong then when you said you COULD flag a hidden post?

1 Like

It used to be there. It’s called “a change.” Whether bugged, threshold or fixed, I don’t know.

You literally told me in another thread a while back that people were being punished by the forum mods for false reporting. So now they aren’t being punished?

Edit - nm, didn’t see this was a necro’ed thread but I still have yet to see anyone complain about being suspended for false reporting so I still don’t believe it’s happening.

1 Like

… wut?

What you quoted and what you said doesn’t make sense.

I mean you made it sound like you could flag these as of today, and you didnt go check before insisting it was a thing. Just checking to make sure everything is equal here.

1 Like

:roll_eyes:

You want to argue just to argue. God forbid something that was there earlier not show up now. Just stop derailing the thread so you can feel superior. So done with this condescending stuff from you.

1 Like

Here’s what the original post says that you missed, I think:

Which has nothing to do with what you quoted.

Literally in the blue post I linked you. I don’t think anyone is going to be able to complain if they’re on vacation.

1 Like

I mean, we were having a discussion about the topic and one of us didnt have our ducks in a row. But its still on topic.

You shamelessly bumped your own thread to “remind” everyone to follow the rules. Two wrongs dont make a right, I know, but at the end of the day its for the mods to sort out when it comes to flagging.

Players cannot stop other players from posting or seeing a post, which I am glad about. I dont want to see people misrepresent what a hidden post does or doesnt do.

3 Likes

lol what? I didn’t see that part. They literally told me a month or so ago that the forum mods are punishing people who abuse the system. So all of a sudden they need to remind everyone of the rules that the mods are actively punishing? lol

yep, it’s true. Those mods must not be punishing people like you claimed. Weird.

1 Like

Twice in the last few months, actually.

3 Likes

Good Lord, you need to move past this ridiculousness. :roll_eyes: I told you why that guideline existed. It’s from the old forums. It’s for people that would try to bury posts by doing that to tons of years old threads.

CoC specifically states not.to post the same topic again and this.forum can’t bury threads. No moderator is going to care about a still relevant topic being discussed.

Move on.

I don’t know what you’re talking about. This thread was brought up because just today someone’s post was flagged to hidden. It was relevant to discuss the topic again.

Seriously, what is wrong with you people? The entire point is to discuss how we can find a better method of flagging so that people don’t get flagged for no reason.

Once again, no idea what you’re even talking about. The thread was relevant to discuss how we can change the system.

How the hell are we supposed to know who flagged that thread and if they had action taken against them? For all you know, the mods could be looking into that now. We don’t get a play by play of what they do with flagged posts. :roll_eyes:

I linked you the blue post. I brought this thread up to discuss flagging issues and how to fix them.

Quit with the petty derailing and let’s be constructive. There’s a lot of different ideas here.

1 Like

im sorry rhielle but i will have to agree with kirela on this one, she poses the more logically sound arguement.

3 Likes

Don’t even know what that means and has zero do to with the topic.

Do you want to add something as far as ideas on how we can change flagging?

Better flagging would be to remove flagging and have more mods. The way mods handle the forum right now is pretty much they let people mass flag what they feel should be flagged and deliver a punishment if appropriated. They call it self-moderation.

Getting flag is not a punishment by itself, it’s just a way for people to hide a topic till a mod take a decision.

1 Like

Yeah, but we know they’re not going to do that. Especially after letting so many go.

Partially automated systems are tricky. We just need to find some sort of middle ground. I feel like changing the wording to “report” might help some, but I’m not sure. There might be better ideas and methods.

1 Like