Prot stacking versatility

Why are we now seeing a major shift in the top Prot paladins switching over to versatility over haste? Most are running 30+ haste and 30+ versa and seemingly ignoring mastery and crit. It seems over 30% haste with just gear is easy and the real hard part is getting the versatility where it should be.

Could someone explain why this would be beneficial please?

well it increases damage and healing output and decreases damage taken. need any more help fren?

Verse is universally the single best stat for all tanks. It is just that it is so hard to achieve high numbers.

It seems for m+ vera is the best. And for raiding it is split between vera and haste.

It’s only because you can get such crazy amounts of it with corruption that it’s good for those top pushers. And because surging vitality has such high uptime while also scaling with vers corruptions
Ofc for 99% of content you just want TDs. It’s just these super high pushers that require dropping dps for survival.

2 Likes

How much mastery did you have for that maut kill? Do you have a video of it?

Well how many absorbs are you running with traits. Versa make Bullwark and Resounding massive bubbles. Same with Nullbarrier.

It’s definitely a solid choice.

Also Versa Amps are up first. So I bought them not to mention many essences have Versa to those amps increase those.

I want more Mastery though can’t wait for those amps.

So pretty much not important for people only wanting to push a 2k up and MAYBE 17’s

Right now I’m running 50 haste with a racing pulse 3 and Love it. Very fast paced. I wish Ret played like prot… it’s so clunky compared to how smooth prot is