Prot pallys queing up as healer then not healing

I have been seeing this lately.
I have mixed feelings, yes the queue times get better.
However, the prot pallys do not heal anyone and the games just go south quickly.

That’s generally why it’s prot pally vs prot pally I think. They don’t have an option of queueing as a dps as prot.

They could play a real class, ret.

(I could barely keep a straight face typing this)

1 Like

It’s because since their off heals are so great, they intentionally made it so any prot paladin that queues will only queue into another prot paladin and they take the slot of a healer. This was announced in patch notes

Wish they did this with any tank that queues

2 Likes

If is a bit ridiculous to wait 30 minutes only to get a prot pal lobby. That’s not keeping players happy

Rounds end quickly. It’s really bad for the squishiest DPS. They’ll probably go 0-6.

1 heals, the other doesn’t. This game sucks.

Tank vs tank only queues when? Either 3v3 for tanks, or 2 tanks and a disc priest each team.

They aren’t queueing as healers. They are queueing as tanks. The other tanks still queue as tanks, they just get matchmade with healers and dps. Prot paladins get another prot paladin and 4 dps. The reasoning is that prot paladin is too strong in it’s own role in arena as a healer tank to get matchmade with healers. There actually used to be another pseudobracket with non-prot paladin tanks and 4 dps. Prot paladin shuffle is still a problem for the same reason that regular tank shuffle was a problem, people just aren’t abusing it that much yet. It’s actually super easy to push prot paladin in shuffle because you’re forcing a bunch of people who built specs around playing 3v3 with healers to not play with healers. Nobody knows what to do. Ret is honestly better at prot paladin’s role right now anyway, so it wouldn’t be a big deal if they just incorporated prot paladin into the regular bracket like the other tanks. Prot paladin isn’t even good. It feels like a 3rd grade maneuver where you win by changing the rules of the game last minute on people lol.

One thing that gets me:
They did a sweeping nerf on tanks at the beginning of the expansion. But this happened after they reincorporated everything that isn’t prot paladin back into the regular shuffle ladder. They still nerfed prot paladin’s team kit a lot, knowing that prot paladin still got its own pseudobracket based off of declared reasoning that prot paladin has too much group healing and utility to work in regular shuffle. This was not a smart move, in my opinion, since they’d already separated prot paladin out. If they were going to leave it as the only tank pseudobracket because of the group utility, why then apply the same amount of sweeping nerfs to it’s kit that you applied to the other tanks that you reincorporated into the regular ladder with healers? This whole situation just seems super poorly thought out lol. Again, thankfully not that many people are abusing it.