Prot Paladin vs feral druid

Druid tanks arent all that underpowered in comparison to other tanks during 2.4.3 - people will play tons of paladins for the meme’s mostly for the pretty elf boiz and will be dime a dozen. A good druid tank will FLY through content and give them both a run for their money even though they gotta optimize a little bit harder than either war or paladin for their best performance

That’s my point. Druid tanks are plenty strong and yet will be far more rare. I didn’t want to say it, but I guess I will. Most people consider a bear to be boring as hell to play. Others love it. That’s what I meant by an acquired taste.

I played whole of TBC as feral tank, i wouldnt call it any more boring than any other tank.

Playing any sort of tank is a “boring” past time to be honest XD

Thing is this time around we’re likely to get both 2.4.3 Talents and Gear, so this doesn’t actually hold for Paladins who are now starting out substantially sturdier from improved talents and also Spell Power on all their gear rather than just random select pieces. They can actually gear pretty heavily towards uncrushability at the T4 level and still have 400+ SP and very healthy Armor/Stamina levels, at least if the rating-to-stat conversions I have are still accurate.

I think this will be the most consistent “I don’t remember this, nerf plz!” comments once TBC launches, notably from Warriors. Paladins just got so much nicer in the Sunwell patch, with some changes being just 5head moments of “why wasn’t this in place from the start?”

This is not true. A druid has a single rez that can be used once every 30 mins, whether in combat or not.

You made some good points otherwise. :slight_smile:

Right, but what I mean is that typically a pally’s weapon is where almost all of his spell damage is. Both on the weapon itself and on the enchant. Since there isn’t a lot of good spell damage plate gear, and prot pallies are typically going for defensive plate gear anyway, rather than caster plate. The only spell damage will be on their weapon and their enchants.

I believe so, I remember trying that gimmick when TBC originally launched, it was slow.
Of course everyone from pservers will tell you differently. But hey, it was a long time ago too!

Bears are boring as hell now, swipe is pretty much trash, and maul is all you have. With mangle and lacerate it gets a lot more interesting.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.