Prot paladin or Blood DK as casual tank

I also posted this in the DK forum

Hello, community. After a hiatus, I am returning to the game and wondering which spec would be the easiest/most performant for casual tanking in PVE/M+ low/mid levels.

My Blood DK is at iLevel 242 and the Prot paladin is at 228.

Paladin is Kyrian, Blood DK I am not sure with all the changes. Maybe Necrolords or NF.

Any constructive opinion?

Have a great day, all of you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Prot Paladin is much more causal friendly. Better defensives, more forgiving, and higher DPS.

Plus Divine Toll + one of many possible other legendaries to go with Kyrian Covenant leggo.

Not to mention the 4pc if you get it, is stupid strong.

appreciate your opinion, thank you :slight_smile:
(it’s me, the OP)

IDK if you made you’re choice but my first tank was a blood DK and I’d say its pretty forgiving as well you have so much life steal to the point where its extremely hard to die, you don’t need to channel it either like a flash heal its built into your rotation.

If you’re willing to learn something I’d say go with DK but I’d say over all paladin is better for newer players because of the fact you have so many life lines that keep you from dying prot pally will always be good I feel like.

The other specs for paladin… lets just say ret is not in a good position right now…

1 Like

Both are in a really good place right now. Can’t make a wrong choice here.

Prot is insanely awesome even with lower level gear. If you’re managing your cooldowns and throwing the odd WoG on yourself, you’ll stay alive forever.

Only gripe would be the fact that mobs LOVE to jump behind and crit damage, so you have to always be mindful of your positioning. Plus, you have to gear weapon and shield vs DK 2H, but eh.

1 Like

I would have heart attack tanking as DK with they way their life bar looks like a ping pong match lol very good self sustain none the less but pally all the way.

Prot pally got the dps and the heals as well as group utility and Devo aura buff. Prot pallys OWN M+ my opinion.

1 Like

They both seem fine picks and sort of copy one another. Death and Decay vs Consecration, Bone Shield stacks vs multiple uses of Swirly Hammer.

Prot does have a nicer aoe pull with avenging shields. Plus they can throw a heal to someone every now and then and have auras.

Blood dk are more focused on their survival with the exception of Anti-Magic zone and hysteria (attack buff but takes a dot) if we still have that.

1 Like

Prot pally is undoubtedly the best casual tank. The huge amount of interrupts alone is enough to make it the pug tank king.

1 Like

The underlying super power of prot pally is, in the right hands, can carry an entire team on its back.

Im not exaggerating a skilled focused prot pally can tank and heal there group with ease through wog and maximizing blessings

1 Like