Prot Paladin Nerfed

Strange. I was expecting to see more random hunter nerfs cause you know reasons and blizzard. :sunglasses::rofl:

No compensation. Nerfing prot heals makes them unviable if they don’t get something else.

1 Like

They’re wasting time nerfing prot paladin when they’re BARELY played at a high level…

Are you high? This is why BFA is complete trash, their priorities are amazingly and mind numblily stupid.

2 Likes

What are you even doing anymore? Every time there’s a buff or nerf you say the exact same crap.

Top players complaining guys. Just makes sense because they say so.
How many high rated prots are there???

Get outta here with that garbage there’s 100000000000 other things they should be looking at than wasting time on a handful of prot pallies.

4 Likes

dang they have been making some bomb changes lately. Hoping they keep it up.

1 Like

My two cents on the things I’d like to see changed.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/pvp-tuning-february-5/90819/7?u=axolotll-llane

if only u could hoj, bash, fear, port, ground, vortex, or idk actually have a teammate grip u or reverse it or incap him or stun him or fear him or well literally any of the 9 trillion things to counter it

no this isnt dilly on an alt

2 Likes

What part of “nearly unavoidable” did you not understand?

probably the same part of you saying NEARLY unavoidable.

meaning; incredibly difficult to avoid

hence my listing like 14 of the 37 counters to a hunter trap

got it now?

Better waste my cds on a 30 second cooldown, harpoon into trap is nearly unavoidable especially as a double melee comp. You just expect my teammates to stop all their damage and stack on me every 30 seconds? What kind of pressure is that?

Hoj is a waste, stops a kill setup. You’re going to fear that hunter as he harpoons across the map in .5 seconds for a trap? It takes two globals and no one has that kind of premonition to see that coming. I can sac it yeah, but then my teammate has nothing for the next trap coming in 30 seconds.

It’s the fact that survival can pump out an incredible amount of damage while also having harpoon/trap combo and a ranged stun. Like I said, -nearly- unavoidable. A 6 sec trap is more than enough for them, because 8 seconds of incap into 5 sec of stun from anything into fears/clones is actually stupid. And personally I don’t think any cc should be longer than 6 seconds.

If you wanna make that “you have hoj into incap” argument it’s interruptable, puts me in a bad position, shiftable AND los stops it. Trap you cannot avoid if he harpoons you, even with freedom.

2 Likes

I can’t speak for anyone else, but I’m less mad about the nerf itself and more about how it fits into the poor design of prot paladins in general. Their healing was nerfed even harder in Legion during PVP, if I remember correctly, but they had mitigation outside of that.

But moving all of prot’s mitigation to armor, a stat that is nigh-useless against many classes and specializations, made healing effectively the only mitigation they had. They should have realized what problems that would cause.

4 Likes

all cc should be max’d out at 6 seconds we agree there

im just telling you countering trap in many situations is well worth the hoj, for example because using that hoj will likely save ur trinket, sac, or a partners major defensive

just trying to help

you have a lot of games played and are only 1900 i figured id respond

pala is incredibly strong and hunter comps in particular should be something you handle quite easily with your toolkit.

not flaming just chatting

I have a lot of games played cuz I’m playing with friends for fun/general wins and I q’d with a lot of low cr people and was sitting at 1500-1600. Q’d (god I am scum for this) RMPala and went up 500 rating in a few hours.

I actually struggle a lot against survival hunter teams and most of them are rdruid cupid. Pair the trap/stun combo with clone and it’s just an absolute nightmare for me.

I have tried to HoJ the harpoon but I’m usually between globals as he comes over and traps me.

Why was the self healing nerfed though?

It only became a problem after they allowed HotP to scale with the target’s missing hp, instead of the casting paladin’s hp. Don’t know why they couldn’t address that instead of nerfing prot in every other aspect of pvp as well.

2 Likes

just threw out hoj as a possible option if he cannot be dispelled.

typically u want to pre freedom the harpoon and hunter will not get trap on you

that is 100% on you to control

you know when trap is off cd u must be very greedy with your globals at that point and be max range. it becomes a very routine play then.

just play this and farm tbh comp is busted and GL on games

just play this and farm tbh comp is busted and GL on games

Lmao aint that the truth

What self healing are you referring to? Also how did they nerf everything else? It was a mana fix and a healing nerf lol

Light of the Protector is only on the paladin itself and got nerfed with HotP.

1 Like

Light of the Protector is the big heal that heals for a base amount + 200% of your missing hp. It can only be cast on yourself.

Hand of the Protector is a talent that modifies Light of the Protector and allows it to be cast on other players.

They should have nerfed Hand of the Protector and left Light of the Protector alone.

2 Likes

Oh so he just means without speccing into the talent it should be the same healing as before?