I will repost Exodia’s first post in this thread with working video links for playback here in the forum - Theloras
Thanks to Theloras Exodia(myself) and Durindel or anyone else I have not mentioned
These videos show how reckoning works
Has proven alot of false information. Such as
The following things can cause you to drop your charges:
•Mounting up (including gryphons)
•Autoattacking too early (e.g. from out of range)
•Losing control of your character (Fear, Scattershot, Blind, Polymorph, Mind Control, etc.)
technically it was never dropping reckoningbomb charges. It was always dropping the reck counter charges.
The reck counter would reset when any of those spells occurred as proven below.
- How stacking works - You can sit from npcs and stack them and attack in cities on horde
How reckoning is currently scripted is completely wrong, an example of how it should work can be found in Loke 2 a famous pally vid from vanilla.
In this video at 0:20 he attacks zeromancer with a few stacks of reckoning, he then targets himself while gaining more stacks (changing target), then aggressively targets zeromancer again at 0:24 while being out of range of auto attack swings (shown by the messages on the screen), he then casts Hammer of Justice, then moves into range to and unleashes a reck bomb the second his auto attack is in range, without him losing any stacks due to being out of range or changing targets.
This is not how reckoning functions at all in classic, if you are out of range you lose your stacks, if you change target you lose your stacks and now for no reason at all you lose your stacks.
Loke 2 - Grand Marshal Paladin PvP (2 of 2)
You then see him target himself again and then unleash another reck bomb at 0:34 seconds.
again at 0:52 seconds and then at 0:55 seconds without disabling auto attack he unleashes a full reckbomb on the warrior the second his next swing is up…
The current version of reckoning isnt even close to accurate and needs massive overhauls… just look at actual footage of the game, rather then making it up on the fly.
Further references of how reckoning should actually work can be found throughout the video as it shows again and again how the talent should actually work.
- Auto attack doesnt remove reckoning bomb
- Mounting also doesnt reset Reckoning Bomb
- Reckoning is not dumping during death which means theres no reason for reckoning to be lost in death
- Fear/Blind/Scatter shot/polymorph reset Reck counter not Reckoning bomb as stated by Thakshar
And Frost Nova does not reset reckoning bomb it resets the RECK COUNTER
Frost nova resets reckcounter (not reckoning bomb)
If you look closely in super slow motion you can see that Reckcounter says reckoning dumped
when the paladin is hit by frost nova, yet the paladin didnt hit the mage.
- Proof that scatter shot did not remove reckoning bomb hit (proving scatter shot only resets reck counter just like in Thakshars video, however Jamaz did not have the reck counter addon here so it did not mention the reset)
You can see two hits
- Proof that fear did not remove reckoning bomb hit
- reckcounter states reckcounter is reset, not reckoning bomb itself
Proof reckcounter states it resets and only Itself, not the ingame spell
if ( event == “PLAYER_DEAD” ) then
auto_attack = false;
reckcounter_reset(“Player has died.”);
That says reck counter is RESET
- Reckoning bomb doesnt need to be directly infront of the enemy to work (the player swung at a 30 degree angle and not directly)
(also he isnt very close in range to the target for reckoning when he targets the troll which leads me to believe all of these fixes are not necessary)
- Leaving combat doesnt reset reckoning bomb
Reset events from ReckCounter addon:-- Events below are for resetting ReckCounterthis:RegisterEvent(“PLAYER_LEAVE_COMBAT”);this:RegisterEvent(“PLAYER_DEAD”);this:RegisterEvent(“CHAT_MSG_COMBAT_SELF_HITS”);this:RegisterEvent(“CHAT_MSG_COMBAT_SELF_MISSES”);
Yet leaving combat doesnt affect reckoning bomb charges and as you can see by reading it carefully it only says the reckcounter
Please fix blizzard
~ Exodia, Theloras and Durindel
-Yours truly, The sons of Durin’s Folk-