Proficient way to AV mount

As many of you know Blizzard did a horrible time designing this event for the mount and whoever came up with this idea and ok’d it should feel horrible.

I’ve earned this mount on 2 unlinked accounts. The most proficient way to earn this mount is to queue up, get into a fresh AV, tame the wolves or rams. If the match is already too far in progress to tame any then leave and take the 15 min. deserter, then requeue and hope you get a fresh one.

Keep leaving matches until you get fresh ones, staying and actually winning/losing the couple hour match will not get you any closer to the mount. There is absoluetly no reason to stay if you’re there for the mount.

I feel bad for the people who will earn this mount late when fewer people are wanting to run this event so the queue times will be even longer for matches that have a lesser chance to be new.

Something else I should have brought up is that there are many people using this method, which is ruining the matches for players who are actually there to play to win the match.

Bravo, Blizzard, bravo.

5 Likes

This is sad but true. This is how I’m getting mine, I enjoy the event but I’m more concerned with the mount right now. Once I get the mount I’ll do some and stay for the duration.

2 Likes

The badges you get for winning/losing contribute to the progress as well now.

Same here…71% now…have to head to work so I’ll pick it up again tomorrow.

I’ll be sick of wolves by the time this horrid grind is over.

Just want the mount.

The OP gave a guide on a proficient way to get it done, not a way to earn a couple badges for 2 to 3 and a half hours of time.

1 Like

I got 5 for losing…

1 Like

Yeah, it’s 5 for a loss and 10 for a win. Which is better than the nothing it was giving.

Which is not efficient at all.

2 Likes

My mistake, I’ll make sure not to share information people may have missed out on next time. :slight_smile:

The wolf/ram taming method was shared in numerous posts yesterday. Many, many more people are doing it now. Once 25 are turned in, the quest goes away. I guess it’s efficient if you’re alliance with the sub-60 second queue times after twiddling your thumbs from deserter and hoping you don’t get pulled into an in progress AV that already has the wolf/rams completed.

I started at 15% progress today and I’m now at 62%.

It’s really not as bad as people are making it out to be. Suck it up and do the turn in quests. The only thing that’s annoying is not getting fresh runs and you’re out of luck for ram quest.

edit- 67% now. Everyone has caught on to rams, only got 2 this run

2 Likes

Some people actually want to play the game OP.

They never should’ve tied the mount to the quests and made progression a win/loss dependency. All this grinding BS is doing is killing it for people who are actually trying to play the BG having to put up with people doing nothing but running around in circles contributing jack all to the game.

1 Like

To be fair, that’s a lot of what old AV was. You’d always have a group of people running around doing the turn ins that didn’t involve PvP, so you could have those advantages on the field. Many of the sub-60s would spend most of a game doing that until you just couldn’t turn anything else in, at least until some things respawned for new turn ins. There was a balance to it though, and this version lacks that balance.

1 Like

That’s what I meant and thank you for specifying.

1 Like

What’s your point? OP isn’t saying to not play the game, but if you just want the mount and that’s all you care about then you’re best doing what he said to get it ASAP.

I guess I have no idea what mount you guys are talking about. Is there another mount for the holiday besides the Worldbreaker one?

Do you get both the ram and the wolf or do we have to do it on both factions?

You know, the bad part about OP’s method, which I am also guilty of, is the fact that when we’re all constantly leaving games in progress because they aren’t new we just constantly screw over the next guy in line who queues into it.

Hopefully Blizzard does something about this.

Yes, there are two new high resolution versions of the old AV mounts, the wolf and ram.

Yes.

1 Like

I got 51% of that done in a single sitting yesterday thanks to the Rams. Today, too many people are out farming rams, only got 2 turn ins so far before she stops accepting them.

1 Like