Professions In Shadowlands

I have decided to level a new gnome disc priest main for Shadowlands. I would like her professions to be herb/alchemy, but there’s a problem with this… Legendaries are tied to professions in Shadowlands. This is fine, but are those of us with alchemy screwed? Will alchemy come with a legendary trinket or something? Because if you don’t have a crafting profession for your armor type, then it seems like you will be left behind. You will have to level an alt just for the professions. I don’t mind doing this, but it seems rather stupid…

While it’s still very early and things are likely to change, the cloth gear made by tailors in Shadowlands is shown to be BoE, so I guess you could acquire it from a friend or buy it on the AH. As for Alchemy, the only crafted gear shown is a trinket - Spiritual Alchemy Stone.

I suspect most people won’t be able to afford buying a BoE legendary until the end of the expansion.

Everyone will have to buy materials to craft legendary. They mentioned in an interview they want players to have to rely on others more and not have everything be solo. So no, it won’t be the end of the expansion as you aren’t “buying” the legendary. Just a piece of it needed to craft with other items we’ll be getting from the tower…and maybe somewhere else, we (nor blizzard I suspect) know exactly how it’ll all work.

But it won’t be buying legendaries. You’ll have to do the tower and buy materials (or craft yourself)…Given how literally everyone will need these items they’ll be saturated rather quickly and shouldnt be too expensive.