Problems with Asia Account

Hi everyone,

i know, i know - this is the US forum. But as i’m currently playing on US but living in Asia, i want to change to a TW-Account. (Ping is just 3x better.)

The problem is, i made a Starter Account on TW, played a little bit and now wanted to upgrade the Account to full. But i can’t. When i click on upgrade, the game is directing me to the EU shop (don’t know why). When i manually go to TW, i just can add a Subscription, but can’t buy the game like i could on EU or US.

What is the problem? Why the shop won’t show me any option to buy the game, just a Subscription? I’m really confused with this.

Thanks in advance, hope someone can help.

Best regards
Aeni

You don’t buy World of Warcraft anymore, just activate it with a subscription. That applies to US and EU too. Only the expansions are separate purchases.

Though from what I hear, Taiwan works a bit differently, so don’t quote me on exactly how that works.

5 Likes

Are u trying to play on EU servers or NA servers.

Neither, they’re trying to play on TW servers.

Esrai, the last option you chose is correct - adding the subscription through the TW shop manually.

4 Likes

You may need to update your account to reflect your current address in order to purchase the region specific game time though, as TW has certain play time laws.

4 Likes

Thanks a lot for all the answers.

I will try to add a Subscription. Normally, on EU or US, you just buy the game (Standard/Collector) to upgrade the game to the last version. This also adds 30 days of game time.

But for TW-Accounts - non of the normal purchases are listed in the shop. Just the Subscription.

That was what confused me tho.

Thanks again and best regards
Aeni

1 Like

That was changed a while ago for US and EU. Now you just add time to a starter account to access the entire game up to the current expansion (level 110). The only game sold is the current expansion (level 110-120).

If time lapses, your account reverts back to starter account status. You can’t play your characters over level 20 but you can make and play characters that are level 20 or lower.

2 Likes