Problem with game time gift order

I wanted to buy 6 months of game time for my son. I ran into two problems.

First, my credit card information was expired and needed to be updated. Since an existing credit card can’t be updated, I tried adding a new credit card. On Safari, this gave me a 5+ minute wait, on which I gave up eventually. I did eventually get around this by downloading and using Firefox to update the credit card, but you are going to lose money if you don’t let Mac users use the default Safari browser to buy stuff, so while I don’t personally need a response on this, it should be a high priority bug for you to fix to avoid losing Mac customers.

Second, before updating my credit card information, I ordered the game time for my son. The order did not succeed due to a problem with payment information, which I assume was the expired credit card. It stayed in a “pending” status.

I can’t cancel the “pending” order, and the site warns me not to place multiple orders. Will the “pending” order eventually try the new credit card? Or will it eventually fail? If it will eventually fail, I’ll make a new order with the new credit card, but I don’t want to be charged twice.

Edit, several hours later: The pending order has now disappeared from my order list, so I assume that means it was cancelled. I placed a new order, which appears to have gone through.