Prince Draven and the Vampires?

wat

I played through the entire BfA Horde campaign on multiple characters and I don’t remember a single mention of vampires working for the Horde. It’s part of the Alliance story, but I don’t think it was even mentioned on the Horde side.

wat^2

2 Likes

It’s because Tyler1 played Draven too much everyone got tired of seeing him, even Blizzard. So they decided to make his appearance minimal.

Come to think of it…yeah you’re right, it’s not mentioned in the Horde at all. :sweat_smile: Alliance encounter and kill them all, but the rest of the Horde were not informed of anything.

I’m not sure Nathanos even mentions it and he and us were on one of the ships the Alliance attacked out at sea with the san’layn on them.

The smart ones are laying low and infiltrating the Horde ranks until that inevitable day Blizzard gives us San’layn AR, and/or Dark Ranger skins.

3 Likes

There could have been this whole storyline of, “Oh, maybe we’re the bad guys”, but no.

Which is how both story lines seem to be. They both paint the other side as bad guys (based on the story lines, they ARE), but when you play each faction, you miss a lot of the story. It’s cool from a perspective kind of thing, but it doesn’t actually make sense. It’s like two separate games almost.

i must say as an Alliance i enjoyed storming the city

as horde i enjoyed all the mostly naked night elf men throwing themselves at me

(night elf heritage armor when blizzard?)

The idea was that Sylvanas was doing shady stuff in the background while intentionally keeping the Horde PC in the dark.

I’m enjoying both story lines so far. If both are as distinct in other expansions, I might have to play through other expansions. Especially Legion. I feel like I’m missing something.

But as a regular reading and listener of books, I feel like the stories shouldn’t be so disconnected. If the Horde employed vampires, there should have been something I heard on my Horde character, even if it was rumors and things that were deliberately kept from me by Horde leadership. Even, gasp something I could have discovered and had a whole story line around!

There’s been a group lobbying for the San’layn to be an allied race. You can find it here!

San’layn Megathread

2 Likes

No the Alliance is still pretty dang right in the Horde campaign.

The Alliance war campaign is so weird and nonsensical that I’m not sure if it’s supposed to be a joke.

1 Like

Pretty sure that was decided the moment Draven spiked the dead Gnome like a football.

1 Like

Funny enough, the alliance does have an interaction with Zelling which was the horde’s parallel.

I don’t think so. They Horde does some very sketchy things. Especially with Silvanas. But the Alliance keeps abandoning people to their fate, which results in those people having to make some very, very bad choices. The Horde at least has the fallback position of, “Oh Yeah, that person was just straight up evil.”

I do get that the Alliance are painted as having resource constraints, but a recurring theme is, “You’ll have to do this yourself”, and they seem continually shocked that people who have to deal with extreme circumstances make extreme decisions. It’s more subtle, but it’s a recurring theme. They should have learned by now. But I guess in 10k years of human history we real people haven’t learned, so maybe it shouldn’t be that surprising.

edit
The, not They.

1 Like

Then there was the questline that had a long cutscene of Katherine Proudmoore talking to Genn, where we spend a LOT OF TIME looking at a close up of Katherine’s thigh and crotch with Genn in the distance, presumably looking at her butt. Katherine expositions on about her past and family, unaware of the knowing look passed between the player and the Gilnean king in this awkward, awkward shot.

Someone storyboarded that.

And some art director looked at those storyboards and gave them the thumbs up.

1 Like

I’m not gonna lie, that was hilarious. Terrible, but hilarious.

It was also a very “wtf” moment, because I played the Horde campaign a couple of times. I never saw Draven. It was nonsensical.