Primary pet not generating any threat at all

My primary pet, Faultline, is not generating any threat at all. It auto casts growl as usual, but it does nothing. In fact, even when I misdirect to it (and it definitely gets the buff), any of my attacks do not give it any threat - it’s as if it does not exist/register on the in-game threat table.

My secondary pet (through the Animal Companion talent) is the only one generating threat - and it’s through it’s measly auto attacks. I’ve tried changing talents in and out of Animal Companion, and stabled my pet, but neither option has restored threat generation to my pet.

I also saw there was an old post about this from over a year ago, with the hunter reporting a very similar issue, however, there was never a reply/fix posted to my knowledge. Please look into this ASAP.

Cheers

1 Like

I’ve just noticed this happening too. I don’t play my Hunter a lot, but my pet Bulvinkel hasn’t been able to hold threat off of me at all today. Same as you, growl is on autocast and even with Misdirect on cooldown all the mobs don’t even notice my pet is there.

I couldn’t tell you exactly when this started, but the last time I played my hunter I didn’t have any issues with my moose holding aggro, so it has to have developed in the last week or two?

It’s been a week now and my hunter pet still can’t hold aggro. Growl is still on autocast and I’ve confirmed visually that it does get used and go on cooldown every time it’s used and I see the red taunt graphic over mobs. Using Misdirect before a pull will keep aggro on my pet for a few seconds, but then it comes running at my face and most things die before I can cast it again. (I just do solo world questing type stuff on my hunter.)

I tried changing pets, removing the other four pets from my Call Pet queue, I don’t know what else to try. I didn’t change anything when this started happening. No new addons or UI changes whatsoever. Same hunter, same pet, same covenant, same zones…just one day my pet doesn’t register for aggro or something. Playing a Beast Master Hunter while constantly tanking everything personally is … really not fun, to say the least.

1 Like

Still having this issue. Not sure what else I can update on or provide to help track down what’s broken at this point.

EDIT: I don’t want to keep spamming, so I’ll just edit at this point. I changed out BOTH pets last night, and found that using 2x Loque worked and they will keep aggro off of me as expected. Switched them back out to my usual 2x Bulvinkel…and back to no pet aggro again. I tried swapping which one was summoned vs secondary, taking all actions off the pet bar and putting them back on in a different order, turning growl autocast back off and on again, but Bulvinkel will not generate threat.

I switched back to my Loques again to finish questing with my sanity somewhat intact, but it’s really bizzare that it seems it’s the Bulvinkels specifically that are bugged??