Primal Elementalist not attacking target

Ever since patch I’m having issues with primal ele just not attacking anything when summoned. He will just stand there by my side until I tell him to attack.

I know they were making some changes that were later reverted before patch regarding pet commands sticking to each ele but it seems as though summoning the ele, with auto attack enabled, does not do anything.

If he does attack the target I’m on/the target I tell him to and the target dies, he does not auto attack my next target (just stands there).

Anyone else having this issue?

2 Likes

Make sure he is set to auto attack your target, since he is a controllable pet now you want to make sure you don’t mistakenly toggle on defensive or some such with your keybinds etc.

but yes I have had weird issues for him, once summoned him and he ran a great distance away from me and then started attacking the enemy. I thought it was assuming but maybe there was a benefit to it I just wasn’t seeing, but he was definately out of the way for any aoe attacks after that, haha.

He’s not. The auto-attack light constantly blinking but he just stands there doing nothing. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I haven’t heard of this bug for a while. It was common with the mote bug earlier in the xpac. Changing out and back into the talent fixes it most of the time.

This bug hits me 100% of the time since 8.3. I was under the impression that they had a fix in for it on PTR, but removed the fix for “reasons” right before 8.3 launched.

I just made all of my spells a macro with /petattack.

I just chalked this up to infringing on the class fantasy of mages that have an elemental that attacks.

2 Likes

What I noticed is if you spam /petattack with fire ele he constantly walks around before hitting the target. Idk why the Ele can’t just start casting as long as he’s in range/lining but if you ever notice when you spawn him he just walks mindlessly to a cozy spot of his choosing before he starts casting. Spamming /petattack seems to reset this position at times resulting in a lot of lost dps.

If one summon is set to passive, subsequent summons will be set to passive; vice versa.

I had the problem that my Elemental was set on Passive once while I was play testing things with the training dummies. You should dry cast it and make sure that it is set to assist you. This setting will then be saved on subsequent summonings.

This is the bug/fix removal being referenced.

The issue for many is its just not saving the setting.