Priest Talent Suggestion

I would love to see a talent for the ability Penance, and it should be like this: “Penance now has 5 charges, does 25% increased healing, and 50% increased damage, but its cooldown is increased.” I would have this at the bottom of the tree. Of course the talent Castigation would give it an extra charge or just make each charge fire an additional bolt at half the power, whatever sounds best. Make this a choice with Harsh Discipline, you’d be able to choose which one you’d want. I would say its new CD be 20secs or maybe more or less, right now current CD is 9secs.

What do you all think of this as an idea? I always wanted a choice for Penance to just have charges as an option instead of just channel, cause sometimes you just need one bolt for healing, and a whole channel for someone that only lost say 15% HP that just sets your healing back and wastes your ability, and this would make Discipline more viable for high keys and raids, cause for a long time its mainly been great for Rated PvP but for even that there are better options for healers.

Actually, with how things are right now in alpha. Penance seems already insanely strong.

So no need to make it even better. If anything they will probably tune down harsh discipline. Maybe when they make potw replace sw:p it will be ok though. We’ll see.

But I ALWAYS wanted a charge system for Penance, you be able to evenly distribute healing for keys, Disc would actually be able to do keys without issue. That’s also why I said an option aside from Hard Discipline, cause if you could combine it, yeah, be equivalent of a Destro Lock with instant Chaos bolts.

Or instead of increased CD, maybe increased mana cost instead, it’d still be something I’d LOVE to see for disc in the future.

But it can?

Honestly I don’t know what to say, Penance gets a lot of love in DF tree already. it’s already a small cd in itself and has tons of upgrade options. I’m not saying the suggestion is bad per say, but it feels like we’ll already see some down tuning on it as it is. Adding another boost for it would further require it to be nerfed at this point. I don’t want to see our penance return to the crappy state it has been for a good portion of SL…

I’m not saying your idea wouldn’t be fun though.

Azzurra, just know that there’s a big rift in the priest community over the feel, direction, and quality of priests moving forward in DF.

Some posters who do high keys and are mythic raiders see almost nothing egregiously wrong with the trees as they are now.

Some posters want to see a return of some older mechanics, spells, and abilities.

If you’re not in the first group, you’re not going to be taken seriously on these forums.

Do I give the impression of being either of those? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Where did I say that I wasn’t taking his suggestion seriously? I’m just giving my honnest opinion…