Priest shield doubt

This is my priest and i am trying the disc spec that i find pretty fun but not the easiest to play.

However for the normal dungeon run i have done i noticed that the shield i can cast doesn’t seems to resist a lot…is this shield will become powerfull with higher gear? Seems pretty weak to me.

Sorry if I wrote something noob but i am pretty new to the disc priest world

It’s weak yes. Use Shadowmend if you have to. Shield will get stronger with gear but still weak anyway without Rapture.

Basic rotation.
Shield 5 people > Damage happens > Radiance > Solace > Penance > Mind blast.

But Disc rotation is very flexible.

Havent seen this type comment for awhie. PWS is an atonement applicator. Dont think of it as a shield

For the kind of healer I think disc is shield should be (or i like would be) more than a simply atonement applier. But as I said i am pretty new to disc.

It was, in earlier expansions. It is no longer that type of healer. You have rapture and SS for your absorbs

Following icy veins the talent to use for dungeon in the lastraw is lenience is it correct?

Yes. But you don’t have to. Eva is another option if you want to burn Radiances as much as you can without holding it for boon and shadow fiend.

I personally use it before boon so I don’t have to radiance inside boon.